This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Fall always reminds me of my childhood. In the small town I grew up in we had a huge arts and crafts festival every year in November. Since I’ve attended the University of South Florida Saint Petersburg I’ve been searching for something similar to the festival I used to attend as a little girl. This semester, Saturday Morning Market was brought to my attention and I immediately fell in love with the idea. USFSP’s photo blogger, Aimee Alexander captures the beauty of the St. Pete market that has become one of the most popular in the Southeast U.S.

The market has many vendors including the Flaming Pearl that sells gorgeous handmade batik clothing and tropical wear.

While I love shopping at malls in the bay area, there’s something about the jewelry and clothing at markets that you can’t find anywhere else.

The market opens for business every Saturday morning in Downtown Saint Petersburg from 9 a.m. till 2 p.m. You’ll find organic fruits and vegetables, gourmet cheeses, fruit smoothies, and a variety of desserts to fix your sweet tooth. The market provides live music while shopping and this Saturday November 20th, Pete Merrigan and the Ugly Smugglers will be performing a variety of favorites. 

The market is just a small walk from the USFSP residence hall and the perfect activity to get your mind off of studying for finals. If you live off campus, parking is available at Al Lang Stadium parking lot/ 1st Ave. S. and 1st St. Instead of sleeping in this Saturday, set your alarm to discover one of my favorites of the city of Saint Petersburg.

Photos courtesy of Aimee Alexander.