This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

St. Petersburg’s Art and Fashion Week’s opening night was a huge success. Its founder, Dona Crowley, graciously allowed us to cover the event. The Monday night kick off party was held at Yolanda Tristancho’s family owned Italian restaurant, Moscato’s, at 7pm. The vintage chic restaurant  was decorated with one-of-a-kind high fashion flower arrangements created in the shape of  high heels, designed by Andrea Harrison. When asked how she got involved in the event she replied “I love to be able to branch out and do things like this because it allows me to be more creative.

Andrea

Opening night featured guests from all walks of life, including a local photographer and sponsor for the show, Barry Lively. Lively was enthusiastic about his move to St. Petersburg, mentioning that he was inspired by the art, music and culture that surrounds the city. He loves living in a city where people understand each other because they understand themselves.

Far left : Ken Walter and Barry Lively,  Middle: Models and Attendees, Far right: Mathew Cooley, Priscilla Kidder, and Dona Crowley

Matthew Cooley, hair and makeup artist, also contributed to the event. Cooley painted the bodies of attending models who mingled with the attendees. It was a great opening to the week to come and left us craving more.

Alana, Thalie, Matthew, Cynthya, Kressida

(a.k.a your USFSP HerCampus bloggers!)

We had a great time interviewing and getting to know the models, makeup and hair artists, attendees, designers, and photographers. We thank Dona Crowley for letting us attend this event. Coverage of the upcoming events will be provided as the week progresses.

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.  
Cynthya is a sophomore at USFSP majoring in Mass Communications. She currently holds the position of Editing and Content Chair in her chapter. She aspires to work at Cosmopolitan and write to her heart’s desire. She loves to be adventurous and often agrees to try new things with a, “why not?” attitude. She loves the city life because she was raised in South Korea and sees herself living in New York among all the skyscrapers and cabs one day. She's destined to becoming a dog lady because she has so much love for every pooch. You can contact her by email at cwalker12@mail.usf.edu or follower her on Instagram at @your_cynsation.
I am a freshman here at USFSP, and I’m studying Mass Communications with a minor in Entrepreneurship. My expected graduation year is 2018! GO BULLS! I love to write about the latest fashion trends and blog about my everyday life. Right now I’m really looking into becoming a PR Manager for a fashion firm, that would be my long term goal. If I’m not in class or sleeping, I love to hang out with my friends, watch Netflix (Currently obsessed with Vampire Diaries, I’m totally team Dalena!), and read fashion blogs on Tumblr. I’m thrilled to be a part of the HerCampus team, and look forward to everything it has to offer.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.