This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

The Rockin’ Roller Rink has made an appearance on the St. Pete Pier for all in the area to enjoy! I work at the end of the pier and every day I walk past the rink during my commute. Watching the people having all that fun makes me a teeny tiny bit jealous as I clock into my long shifts. Walking past it three times in one week made me want to look further into it and make time in my schedule to go. I have not gone yet, but I plan on going soon and am so excited to try it out. I love roller skating, and seeing this pop-up has definitely interested me.  

The roller rink is available on the pier from March 11 to April 9. This is the first time ever that the pier has had a roller rink on it. The rink is only a 20-minute walk from the St. Petersburg campus and will not break the bank. For 75 minutes of skating fun, prices range from $13-$20 per person. This cost includes roller skates, which is a great deal in comparison to roller skating at a traditional rink where skates would be an extra fee on top of purchasing a ticket. If you’re looking for a cheaper rate “Cheapskate” times are Monday to Friday before 2 pm and flaunt a $13 ticket price. Weekend pricing is more expensive, especially after 6 pm, with a ticket price of $17. Tickets are available for purchase on their website, which is linked above. It is strongly encouraged to purchase a ticket ahead of the desired time you wish to go because some of the more favorable times fill up quite fast and walk-up availability is not guaranteed. As a precaution, buy your tickets before going so you can have fun on skates without worrying about securing a spot. 

There are different themes for the rink depending on the day. Some days it is only from 6-10 pm, but others it is all day. Previous nights have hosted themes such as glow night, Tik Tok Tuesday, Tropical Skate, and even a pajama party. There is a schedule posted on the Rockin’ Roller Rink website from now until April 9.  

Hello! My name is Dorian, I am a writer for Her Campus at USFSP and this is my second year as a college student but have junior standing. I am a psychology major with a criminology minor. I am from Goshen, New York; no I am not from New York City! I was a lifeguard and swim lesson instructor for many years which came from my nine years of competitive swimming. I love working with the kids and seeing them and their skills grow and flourish. My career goal is to do behavior research on children with disabilities. I am highly interested in how the brain works and how it works differently in different people. In my free time, I LOVE to hammock and soak up the sun in my photosynthesizing time. I usually bring a silly little book with me or just chill with my friends. One of my favorite activities is going on random adventures with my friends and just letting the wind blow us wherever it may go. I have also recently begun to learn how to long-board. I also enjoy going to the gym with my friends to get those big muscles. Another one of my favorite activities is getting tattoos; my goal is to cover myself in art.