St. Pete Art and Fashion Week Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

September is the start of fashion.

From New York to Paris, fashionistas travel the globe to get a sneak preview at the latest fashion trends from the world’s most respected fashion designers. Similar to the world’s many fashion capitals, St. Petersburg has its own fashion week.

St. Pete Art and Fashion Week (SPAFW) is a yearly event that showcases all that St. Pete has to offer for a good cause. The week exhibits local fashion designers, musicians, artists, venues and food. The money that’s raised throughout the week-long celebration of arts goes back to the community. The money raised at this year’s events will benefit the growing Warehouse Arts District.

The Festival of the Arts will take place September 12-17 in various locations throughout St. Pete. You won’t miss the festivities, because Her Campus USFSP will be providing live coverage of the events throughout the week.

St. Pete Art and Fashion Week Schedule

Monday, September 12

VIP Soiree at The Raw Studios

Mix and mingle with the fashion designers and model at the official kick off for St. Pete Art and Fashion Week. This is a closed access event, so you must purchase a weeklong wristband in order to gain access to this VIP party. Doors open at 7:00 p.m.

Wednesday, September 14

Making of the Runway at The Ale & Witch

Come watch as local artist come together to create the runway for Saturday’s fashion show. Not to mention, there will be a special presentation done by “Radish & Company”. This event is free and open to the public. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.   

Thursday, September 15

Bloom at Platformz

Join various artist, designers, model and photographers as they create a Wildflower themed photo spread. This live photo shoot experience is $10. Photo shoot starts at 7:00 p.m.

Friday, September 16

Art Inspired at BBD Life Studio

It’s Art night. Meet some of the local artists causing a stir in the art community and watch some live art demonstrations. This event is $16. Doors open at 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, September 17

Runway Fashion Show at One Progress Plaza

This is the main event. Watch as eight Florida designers showcase their new collections on the runway. Tickets are $26 in advance and $35 at the door. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.

Be sure to follow Her Campus USFSP on social media to get a glimpse into everything that is happening during St. Pete Art and Fashion Week.

Photo courtesy of St. Pete Art and Fashion Week Facebook. 

I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg pursuing my Masters in Digital Journalism and Design. I have a strong photography background with expertise in writing, social media, event marketing, and graphic design. Williams can be reached by email at tamiracle@mail.usf.edu.    Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out you take another shot. ~ unknown
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.