This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Spooky Short Stories 

Author’s Note: Hey girls and ghouls as we get into the Halloween spirit, I just wanted to share some spooky lil stories I’ve been working on!! Hope you enjoy and happy October!!  

True Romance

Maybe it was the way their bodies were tangled together or maybe it had to do with the sound of his heartbeat fluttering right beneath her ear; but she had never felt quite this connected with him before. She raised her head to fix her gaze onto his face, which twitched with an emotion she could not fully register, but as her gaze shifted down his body she was able to fully see her work. Placed over his lips was a piece of duct tape, his hands were bound and where she laid above him was the beginning of the cut. She followed the line she carved into him, running down his abdominal, to the place where her hand was nestled within him. Listening to his heartbeat still she sighed, knowing that now as he lay motionless beneath her, he had truly become her’s.

Home Invaders.

Change was scary, especially when it came to a change of environment. So when he noticed the for sale sign looming in his front lawn, he knew the impending doom of change was coming. The for sale sign didn’t last long and the boxes started piling up around him. He tried his best to change their minds; he screamed, he pushed boxes over, he stomped everywhere he went and when he felt particularly defeated, he cried; but nothing changed. These people that invaded his home seemed to dismiss everything he did to deter them, they simply brushed everything aside. He didn’t know what do anymore but just accept the fact that his home would soon be filled with unwelcomed guests and all he could do was haunt them for the rest of their days.

lil witch in a big world || jupiter || usfsp
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.