South Florida All Stars: “Stars in Motion” Showcase

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

This past Thursday was the 3rd Annual South Florida All Stars’ Stars in Motion Dance Showcase.

USFSP’s Her Campus obtained an exclusive sneak peak of the All Stars’ dress rehearsal and was blown away. From sassy jazz dances to emotional ballet numbers, the All Stars definitely put on a diverse group of dances.

Jasmine Graham, a second year SFAS, couldn’t help but smile the whole time we interviewed her; her excitement for the showcase was undeniable.

“I’m looking forward to seeing how all our hard work comes together… and seeing people’s reactions because…a lot of these pieces are emotional, so we want to get that emotional response,” Jasmine said.

While Kate Walker, a freshman Mass Communication major, may be new to the All Stars team, she isn’t new to dancing. Kate has over 10 years of dance experience, so this isn’t her first time showcasing her amazing talent to a group of people. Kate talked to us about the commitment one has to have as an All Star.

“[Being an All Star] is a lot of hard work and dedication…It’s a lot of fun though; I’ve made a lot of friends through the process,” Kate said.

The South Florida All Star team isn’t just a group of dancers – They are a family, too. Take, for example, how this team has made a lasting impression on Sofia Fotiadis. Sofia was on the team her freshman year, and then she decided to transferred to Tampa, but she ended up transferring back to USFSP this year.

“I think a big part of why I transferred back was to be on the team,” said Fotiadis.

Check out a recap video of the South Florida All Stars “in motion:”

HC XOXO,

Kelli, Ban, and Megan

Megan Hammer is a junior at USFSP and is majoring in Global Business. She loves to travel, write, and listen to music. She is a musician herself, so she enjoys playing with other musicians in her spare time. An Illinois native, she is interested in experiencing different cultures and trying new things. Some places she has traveled to include Monaco, France, Germany, Italy, and England. Megan is constantly on the lookout for her next great adventure. She dreams of joining a volunteer service organization and giving time to communities in South America or Africa. As President & Campus Correspondent, she proudly represents the USFSP Her Campus chapter.
Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.