Rihanna: Fashion Icon of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Rihanna has made herself a household name. Not only has she taken the music world by storm but now it seems that she’s conquered the world of fashion as well. Steven Kolb, the CEO of the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) announced that Rihanna would be this year’s Fashion Icon. ” We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion’s most exciting ambassador in recent memory.”

The Rudeboy singer, actress, and fashion designer will be recognized for her contribution to the fashion industry, her philanthropic partnership with M.A.C AID’s funds Glam Campaign and for her impeccable and unique sense of style.  Rihanna has served as inspiration for the masses, including world renown designers such as Alexander Wang and Tom Ford. Designers have taken this new found inspiration and incorporated it into their collections, this has come to be known as the Rihanna Effect.

” THERE IS NO ONE ELSE THAT EXCITES ME MORE”

Alexander Wang

On June 2nd, the kings and queens of fashion will gather to crown Rihanna; and she’ll join the ranks of previous fashion icons including Lady Gaga, Nicole Kidman, and Kate Moss.

In the words of Olivier Rousteing, “She is the new Wonder Woman!”

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.