Review of the movie Burnt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Over this past weekend, myself and a friend made our way to the movie theater for a girl’s night out. Just deciding on a random movie, we saw the movie Burnt starring Bradley Cooper.

Bradley Cooper plays a very talented chef named Adam Jones who learned how to cook in France. Adam falls on hard times after dealing with drugs and alcohol and leaves Europe to find himself. The movie centers on Adam’s attempt to regain his reputation through leading a restaurant to the ultimate goal. Getting three stars on the highly coveted and elusive Michelin scale.

Burnt realistically depicts how it is to work in a top end kitchen. While you are enjoying the relaxing meal in the dining room, it is hard to imagine all this happening behind the scenes. It was interesting to watch the strong family dynamic the people in the kitchen developed throughout the movie. Even if you know nothing about cooking, this movie will entertain you because it has a great storyline.

This movie had all the elements of a great flick. It is funny when it needs to be, intense at all the right moments, and above all, it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Adam Jones is really passionate about the art of cooking and at times the theater got tense when he was screaming at the top of his lungs when things didn’t go his way. Bradley Cooper does a great job channeling his inner Gordon Ramsey. It got so quiet at times, I swear I could hear a pin drop.

This movie isn’t all that predictable and there are some definite plot twists that catch you off guard. Be ready to go on an emotional rollercoaster if you go watch Burnt.

HCXOXO

Alana Long

Photo Resource:

http://burntmovie.com/

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.