Responsible Ways to Use a Refund Check

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

The drop/add week is officially over, and students all over the world are rejoicing. Not because they no longer can get out of the boring classes they’re in, but because it means their refund checks are coming.

If you are not familiar with a refund check, it is basically money leftover from scholarships and loans that were not applied to your tuition and fees. They usually come anywhere between the second or third week of the semester; either through a direct deposit or by mail depending on what you selected in oasis.

Don’t know what to do with you refund check?

Here are four ways you can spend your refund check:

1. Pay a Bill. If you live off campus it would be a good idea to spend that money to pay for rent or amenities.

2. Save It. No matter how large or small your check is, it’s always a good idea to put some money away for a rainy day. Or if you are planning on getting a car soon, you could put it in your car fund.

3. Purchase Groceries. I don’t know about you but I like food, so it only makes sense to use the money to stock your fridge and pantry. I’m sure both your visitors and tummy will thank you for stocking up on food.

4. Treat Yourself. You’ve made it through the first week of classes and it’s only right that

you treat yourself to something nice. Maybe spend the afternoon doing some light shopping or getting a manicure and pedicure.

Photos are owned by weheartit.com
I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg pursuing my Masters in Digital Journalism and Design. I have a strong photography background with expertise in writing, social media, event marketing, and graphic design. Williams can be reached by email at tamiracle@mail.usf.edu.    Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out you take another shot. ~ unknown
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.