This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Cancun, Mexico

Panama City, Florida

Miami, Florida

These are three popular destinations for a college spring break, especially in movies and TV shows about college. When I was younger, I always dreamed of going to one of these exotic places because of what aired on MTV.

Now that I am in college, I’ve realized that college is expensive and spending thousands of dollars on a spring break trip isn’t practical on a college student budget. Because of this many of us opt to go home or spend spring break on campus.

If you are planning on having a Staycation on campus, here are some fun things you could do locally during spring break. And no, doing homework or getting a head start on projects isn’t on this list.

Binge Watch Netflix or Hulu.

Read a non-academic book by the bay.

Visit the Dali and Disney exhibit at the Dali Museum – It’s Free!

Check out the latest exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts.

Go to a concert. Frank Sinatra will be performing at the Mahaffey Theater on March 17.

If you are 21, attend the Spring Beer Fling at Vinoy Park on March 19.

Have a picnic with family or friends at Sunken Gardens.

Fun in the Sun. We live in St. Petersburg and there are at least five beaches (Madeira, Clearwater, St. Pete Beach to name a few) within a 15-20 minute driving distance.

Enjoy spring break bulls.

XOXO

Tamiracle

All images are courtesy of  

weheartit.com

thedali.org

themahaffey.com

sunkengarden.org

Springbeerfling.org

mfastpete.org

I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg pursuing my Masters in Digital Journalism and Design. I have a strong photography background with expertise in writing, social media, event marketing, and graphic design. Williams can be reached by email at tamiracle@mail.usf.edu.    Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out you take another shot. ~ unknown
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.