This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Imani, Hayley, and I recently attended Demi Lovato’s Tell Me You Love Me tour at the Amalie Arena in Tampa. As each of us are Lovatics, we thought we would come together and write an article describing our experiences at the concerts and talk about why we love Demi. Check it out!

From left to right, Imani, Kelli, Hayley

Imani:

I have been a Demi Lovato fan for as long as I can remember. I followed her career from her early days on Disney Channel when she starred in Sonny with a Chance, Camp Rock, As the Bell Rings to now with her newest album Tell Me You Love Me. Since I have gotten older my love for her isn’t just limited to her acting and music, but to her advocacy of self love and mental health. She continuously uses her platform to inspire people to live their most authentic lives, by embracing who they are, loving who they want, and going after whatever dreams they have. A true role model, and someone I never miss the opportunity to see whenever she comes to Florida.

The Tell Me You Love Me tour is my fifth time seeing Demi perform live, and no, it doesn’t get old. I was most excited to see her newest album come to life because it is one of my favorite projects she has ever put out. I feel like Demi is her truest self right now, and it is so inspiring to see someone who embodies so much confidence on the stage. One of my favorite songs off the album is one she killed on the stage: “Lonely.” Demi told fans in attendance that she was suffering with having lost her voice but you would never know that with how perfectly executed her songs were live.

I almost did not attend this concert because broke college student syndrome, but after very little convincing from my girl Kelli, I knew I couldn’t miss it. I’m so glad I didn’t. I don’t think there was a single person in that arena that was not having an amazing time. Demi has a way of making you feel confident and beautiful and i’m thankful to her for always bringing that out in me.

“When I’m comfortable in my own skin, I feel confident. And when I feel confident, I feel sexy. And when I feel sexy, watch out.” – Demi Lovato

Kelli:

Like Imani, I have been following Demi’s career since her Disney Channel days. I’ve always been a big fan of her, but in recent years as she’s become more vocal about her struggles with loving herself and her body, her mental illnesses, etc., I’ve become completely engrossed in her and her story.

Demi honestly inspires me in a way that no one else does. The fact that after so many years of struggling, she finally truly loves herself and all her flaws is so inspiring. As someone who also deals with bad body image and having a mental illness, I relate to her story so much that to see her completely shining now makes me realize I can do the same.

She has been completely #slaaaying lately and is so confident and I love it so much. I’m really proud at how far she’s come.

Okay, now to her concert. OH MY GOSH IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. From her killing it vocally, to her #slayworthy outfit changes, to that adorable smile, to seeing her goofy side, it was the best hour and a half of my life. I’m not joking when I say that Demi is my literal queen, so to be in her presence was completely magical. If I had to pick my favorite part of the night, it’s probably the very end when she finished singing her song “Tell Me You Love Me” acapella. Just thinking about it gives me chills. All the music stopped, everyone was silent, and she  sang the last verse of the song with all her heart. She looked at the crowd, smiling and waving, and you could tell she was truly soaking in that moment.

Hayley:

Ever since I watched her documentary Simply Complicated (fall of 2017) I have been obsessed with Demi. I have a new  respect for her that I didn’t have before, and a new appreciation for how much of herself she puts into her music,  her tours, and into being a positive role model for her fanbase, the “Lovatics.”

I have seen Demi before, but never have had quite the raw experience of emotion that I did seeing her this time around. Maybe it’s because I have matured with her, maybe it’s because I feel a connection to her music and have even been through a heartbreak or two, but I can relate to her messages better now. Either way I support Demi and her voice, I am living for the TMYLM album, and seeing her in person with some of my best girl pals was an altogether 10/10 experience.

Well there you have it! That’s our thoughts on Demi’s Tell Me You Love Me tour.

Did you go? What were your thoughts on it?

HCXOXO,

Kelli, Hayley, & Imani

Hi! My name is Imani and I am a 21 year old Mass Communications major living in sunny Florida. I love traveling, listening to music and you, know, occasionally writing.
Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
Hayley Nicole Garron is a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, currently majoring in Journalism. She has passions of reading, writing, playing soccer, shopping, and doing things for others, and she aspires to to gain her fame by creating a novel so amazing you won't want to put it down. In her spare time, she can be found watching YouTube videos, writing her blog, "This is why I'm Haute," or trying new DIY's found on pinterest. USFSP has been a great influence to help her find more of herself in growing up.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.