This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

I pull into a parking spot with Taylor Swift jamming on the radio and get out of the car beaming. I am ready. The doors open automatically for me, like I belong. My pathway is clear and wide as I walk in and get a fresh smell of the fall season. I throw my phone in my purse and watch my walk as my brown sandals compliment the white shiny floors. I throw my purse in the big red cart and look at the logo hanging from the ceiling. It’s time to rage.

I just got paid, which means I got money to spend and this is the place. I go through swimwear in October, thinking, do I really need this. Whipping my cart around to accessories and find what I have been needing, gold hoop earrings, but why get just one pair when the gold studs are just as cute. I go across the main aisle to adore the shoes, where I spend all my time every time. Of course I need flats because work comes first but winter is right around the corner. I know I live in Florida but I can pretend I need boots, okay. Plus, I have nothing purple and these purple heels are on clearance so they are a total steal. After I stop at electronics, because I am obsessed with phone cases, I decide to keep going after nothing excites me.

Halloween is right around the corner, literally. A few aisles over is everything for the holiday including candy, costumes, and more. I go through it all, getting inspiration for my couple’s costumes and deciding which bag of chocolate is a necessity. Spoiler, they all are.

Almost done but one last stop. I make my way to makeup where I see this new foundation that is supposed to work great with my skin tone and complexion. But, why get just that when you can get a $5 gift card when you spend $20 on beauty products. Which meant I needed more unnecessary beauty products. I also got an eyeshadow pallet and sparkly highlighter for the one night in the distant future where I might choose a party over Netflix.

I look down at my pile of items and notice that self-checkout is open and ready for me. I pull up and scan it all with my total being, of course, more than I want but everything I need. I hear the sound of beeping and put my items in the large white bags. I slide my card into the machine so smoothly and my fingers gloss over the buttons. I watch the white paper come streaming out with no end knowing my paycheck is gone.

I walk out through the glass doors and the sun hits my skin. I’m beaming. My day is made and my money is gone, but I can’t help but smile when I leave my happy place. See you soon Target.

HCxoxo,

Hannah

Hannah is a junior at USFSP majoring in criminology with a passion for law, life, and writing.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.