My 2018 Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Every new year we adapt to the mindset of “New Year, New Me.” We plan to ditch the habits we’ve adapted the previous year and we tell ourselves this year will be better. This year we will lose those 5 pounds or finally finish the novel that has been collecting dust. For some reason, after the hype of a new year begins to fade, reality sets in and that list you don’t look at that list you started making anymore. My biggest goal is to actually stick to my new lifestyle. Lead that happier life and chose to be an overall better person. There’s no reason why I can’t adhere to mine. So I challenge you to sit down and think of what you can do this year to greatly improve your life. Here’s mine:

1. Get out of my comfort zone– one of the scariest things for me to do. I am a person that enjoys routine and knowing exactly what it is I have planned to do. Uncertainty and not having control is something I need to learn to let go of. Since I will be graduating in the next few months, there is no better time to practice than now.

2. Putting myself out there more- this goes hand in hand with my previous resolution. I’m a to myself kind of person so I get a tinge of anxiety when I find myself in situations where I don’t know anyone. But that’s okay. You don’t have a choice but to grow when you throw yourself in situations where you don’t know anyone. Be yourself.

3. Travel more– I am already doing this. I have a trip planned in March to Chicago, I’m going to NYC over the summer and Thanksgiving and the rest is yet to be determined. But the future is exciting.

4. Eat healthier and exercise more- easier said than done but I have been in the gym more this year than I did in 2017 which I am proud about. I’m also implementing more walks into my routine and being mindful of fried foods. So far so good.

5. Explore St. Pete more– Because this will be my last semester on campus, I want to make sure that I experience everything that my city has to offer. There are endless local shops and eateries that I have begun to compile into lists to be sure not to forget any.

Just because January ends and months inevitably pass doesn’t mean you can slip back into your old routine. Do little things every day to make sure you stick to your goals. Switch soda to water, train yourself to not complain and even make daily lists to keep yourself on track. Make 2018 the best year yet, you got this!

HCXOXO,

Imani Taylor

Hi! My name is Imani and I am a 21 year old Mass Communications major living in sunny Florida. I love traveling, listening to music and you, know, occasionally writing.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.