This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

1. Cøzybøy

Like most of the other artists on this list, Cøzybøy was a Spotify discovery for me. He is originally a SoundCloud artist and whines (in the best of ways) aboutsex, drugs, and heartbreak. Some of his songs are titled “she was my virginity complex” and “what did yøu think i meant when i said i løve yøu.”

2. Cigarettes After Sex

They are still on the mellow side of music (as most of my favorite artists are), but Cigarettes After Sex give off an often romantic vibe, discussing love in the opening songs of their debut album with songs entitled “K.” and “Each Time You Fall In Love.”

3. Talitha Rise

Surprisingly, this was not a Spotify find, but rather, my father showed me this folk band. Their latest album An Abandoned Orchid House was recently released and these calming songs touch on topics heavy and light-including suicide and calling on God. My favorite song is “Chapel Bell.”

4. The Internet

This musical group has been around for at least seven years. Having just celebrated the release of their newest album Hive Mind over the summer, I tuned in on not just their newest releases, but also on some of my older favorites such as “Girl” and “Just Saying/I Tried” from their 2015 album Ego Death.

5. Aron Can

Lastly, even before I visited Iceland earlier this year, I was long obsessed with Icelandic hip hop. Of all the Icelandic artists I know (and there are quite a few), Aron Can remains my favorite. At a very young age, he has released three albums already, and he does not appear to be slowing down anytime soon. My favorite album is still his debut album—Þekkir Stráginn.

Hi, my name is Emily Sandifer. I am a 22 year old psychology student with the aspirations of working in higher education. I am passionate about writing, communication, and building interpersonal relationships.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.