This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Courtesy of Miteau Francois

Late nights and early mornings are the typical life of a college student. Most students spend their nights doing homework or binge watching Netflix, but not Miteau Francois. He spends most nights working on his clothing line.

“I have always been into fashion and starting a clothing line is my first steps in making it into the fashion industry.” said Francois, a freshman studying Economics.

When he is not at chapter for Delta Sigma Pi or working at Campus Recreation, you can find Miteau on his computer working on designs and marketing platforms for his clothing line called Simply Steez.

Similar to two of his favorite designers Oliver Rousting, the mastermind behind Balmain, and James Jebbia, founder of Supreme, he says making a clothing line isn’t easy. It takes long hours and several sleepless nights to create a successful line.

“The longest part of the process is creating the designs. I want them to be unique and show off my creativity, but I still want others to understand my vision. My biggest fear is designing something that others will not understand,” said Francois.

Miteau credits Kanye West as being his biggest fashion inspiration, he even would go as far as to say that Kanye West is one of the most creative people in the world. Seeing Kanye dab into the fashion industry is what gave Miteau the green light to start Simply Steez.

While Miteau doesn’t have a specific target audience, college and high school students have been his biggest supporters causing him to sell out of both his t-shirts and hoodies over the past few months.

Courtesy of Simply Steez

Michael Onagoruwa, freshman here at USFSP purchased a shirt. He described Simply Steez  as comfortable. Onagoruwa adds that looking at the designs, you can tell there was a lot of time and effort put into making the unique designs.

By 2026, Miteau hopes to be showing his Simply Steez collection at New York Fashion Week and have an international brand.

I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg pursuing my Masters in Digital Journalism and Design. I have a strong photography background with expertise in writing, social media, event marketing, and graphic design. Williams can be reached by email at tamiracle@mail.usf.edu.    Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out you take another shot. ~ unknown
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.