Meeting the Team Behind USFSP’s Signature Week of Welcome

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Fall 2017 Week of Welcome (aka one of the most lit weeks ever at USFSP) has officially come to an end. With amazing events like a comedy night starring RIP Michaels from Wild N’ Out and a competitive game show event, there’s no question this has been a week for the books. Before we all settle into the new semester, let’s take one final moment to learn more about the wonderful team of #GirlBosses that put on this unforgettable week!

Michaela Tolbert:

Michaela is a Senior Marketing Major and the Director of the Week of Welcome team. She was in charge of budgeting for all the events and providing moral support for all the other team members. As for why she joined the team, Michaela said she wanted to find something to connect her to her last semester at USFSP.. “We all had the common goal to provide a unique and new experience for W.O.W.” Her advice to the incoming freshmen who want to get involved? “Do it! Join the team.  In the end you’ll look back and feel amazing about what you have accomplished,” Tolbert said.

Jazzy Duarte: 

Jazzy is a Sophomore Environmental Science Major and the Programming Coordinator for the W.O.W. team. She was in charge of reaching out to vendors, budgeting and planning, and then executing the events on the day of. As already being a programming team member for the Compass First-Year Experience team, she said having this job was the perfect opportunity to expand her coordinating skills. “After the day’s done and the event is over, it’s all so rewarding when you get praised for a good event and finally seeing all the hard work that was put into making it pay off,” Duarte said.

Hayley Garron:

Hayley is a Junior Marketing Major and the Volunteer Coordinator for the W.O.W. team. She was in charge of finding volunteers to help the team table and support at all their signature events. Hayley says that joining the W.O.W. team was a great opportunity for her to learn how to create large-scale events. Hayley’s favorite event was the DIY Day. “I loved Jazzy’s ideas and the backpacks the students made all turned out super cute!” Garron said.

Sarah Potts: 

Sarah is a Junior Marketing Major and the Marketing Coordinator for the W.O.W. team. She was tasked with getting all the posters and signs made, managing the W.O.W. Facebook page, making sure the campus was decorated in balloons, and creating the free swag that that they handed out! Sarah says that in her opinion, W.O.W. is “by far the best week of the semester.”

HCXOXO,

Kelli Carmack

**Profile picture courtesy of USFSP’s Week of Welcome Facebook page

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.