Meet your Campus Celebrity of the Week: Kyleigh Cobett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Kyleigh Cobett is a prime example to follow. Not only is her academic record impeccable, but her involvement on campus is astonishing. Cobett is the senior vice president of Delta Sigma Pi, a professional business fraternity that became an official chapter on December 1, 2012. As a founding member and important asset of the executive board, Cobett has devoted hundreds of hours to make sure DSP runs smoothly. She is always willing to help not only fellow executive members, but fellow brothers as well. Her great, bubbly and friendly personality, paired up with her leadership skills make her our campus celebrity of the week.

What is your full name?

– Kyleigh Michelle Cobett

What is your major?
– Pre-Business with Business Management Intent

What year are you in college?

-Sophomore

In what ways are you involved in USFSP?

-I am currently the Senior Vice President for the co-ed Business Fraternity, Delta Sigma Pi, and I am also the acting Vice President of Pledge Education

How has your involvement helped you grow as a person?

-Becoming a leader within Delta Sigma Pi, especially SRVP, has given me a great deal of insight into problem resolution, time management and effective communication with your peers.

Do you believe that your involvement on campus benefits other students?

-Absolutely!

If so, how?
-Though Delta Sigma Pi is one of the newest Student Organizations to USFSP, the people that I have been able to reach out to through recruiting have been able to see the benefits in joining a national organization where they will be with like minded peers.  The people that have actually pledged the fraternity, I believe I have benefited them the most.  I was able to share my personal experiences with Delta Sigma Pi, leadership and the business industry with them on a personal and often one-on-one level.  They were able to become more involved themselves and hone in on their inner leader.  I feel as if I am the kind of person that pulls people out of their shells and allows them to see a bigger picture in life!

What has been one of the best decisions you’ve made in college?

-Joining Delta Sigma Pi, hands down. I, unfortunately, started my freshman year way too soon after the passing of my father in High School.  When I lost my dad, I lost myself – a natural born leader and business extraordinaire (haha).  Joining DSP allowed me to get back into the grove of things and I was able to surround myself with amazing people that help me through the difficult times in life.

Are you in love with USFSP?

-Absolutely, 100%!!! I love the scenery, the people and the fact that it is a small scale university with a more personable feel.

What has to change on our campus?

-I believe that the University should open up the idea of welcoming Greek Organizations.  I know that they have their reservations about them, but there are way more benefits than cons in my personal opinion.

What do you plan on doing after you graduate?

-Obtain my Juris Doctor degree from any Law School in the state of Florida (hopefully Stetson – Fingers crossed!)

Do you want to have kids in the future?

-Yes!! I hope I have 3, but if I have 3 girls I’ll keep trying until I get a boy!

Do you want to get married?

-I’m ready any day Derek is! No pressure on him or anything (we have been together for 5 years!)

Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
-Sweet Tea!! I’m not much of a soda drinker

Favorite Color?
-Green

What words do you live by?

-Stay positive, if you don’t like something, change it.  Only you have the power to determine your life course.

What is one of the top 10 things on your bucket list?

-go to Europe, become a lawyer, learn to make the perfect NY Style cheesecake, smush grapes with my feet and make wine, drive a cop car, attend a supreme court hearing, break a world record, go on a reality TV show, learn to surf, conquer my fears

Who is your hero/heroine?
-My mom, she is seriously my rock and I have no idea where I would be without her

Any shout outs?
-All of my brothers of Delta Sigma Pi currently @ USFSP!! Dr. Debbie Sinclair, Dr. E, Allison Aucar, Nicole Barber, Ashley Bernstein, Eric Borow, Trevor Boscacci, Jo Anne Brenzo, Mike Cardozo, Jesse Daw, Mark Fagoh, Danielle Gamble, Matt Ganio, Christina Gil, Jessica Griswold, Roberto Guerrero, Russell Heller, Krystle Hoshowski, Colton Jeck, Kelley Johns, Logan Kelly, David Kopleman, Elliott Lightfoot, Livia Mane, Lilly Marcano, Matt Mitchell, Kelly Mora, David Nguyen, Desiree Perez, Pratima Persaud, Nicole Pitton, Michael Puodziukas, Coleton Reece, Thomas Skidmore, Michael Stolfi, Jessica Susana, Jessica Thigpen, Eder Villalba, Marbili Walters, Dale Wilson & Natalie Yoshida!

Kelly Mora-Romero is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF St. Petersburg. She was born in Colombia but has lived in the US since 2004. As a Global Business and Marketing major with a minor in Mass Communications, Kelly's dream job is to work in international marketing with a big communications company; traveling is a must! Her biggest inspiration for stories come from local or campus-related news, advise for the every-day life and tips on success. If you wish to contact Campus Correspondent Kelly for article ideas or any comments/concerns/issues at USFSP email at: kellyromero@hercampus.com For any other personal inquiries email: kellyjulieth@mail.usf.edu HCXO