Meet Stephanie Benmergui

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Stephanie Benmergui is a Sophomore at USFSP, and she is majoring in Biology.

Her favorite thing about campus is the waterfront, and she enjoys taking advantage of the Florida weather by spending as much time outside as possible.

Stephanies says she loves how approachable the students and faculty are at USFSP and is known around campus for being a friendly face to everyone she meets.

Photo provided by Stephanie.

Stephanie got involved in STING RAY by volunteering during her freshman year; she has always been passionate about volunteering with special needs kids. Project 10 STING RAY (Students Transitioning Into the Next Generation, Recognizing Alternatives for Youth) is a program that offers 18 to 22 year olds with intellectual disabilities opportunities to to develop employable skills and independent living by experiencing life on a college campus. According to their website, “STING RAY’s mission is to provide an innovative and transformational postsecondary learning experience that will empower young adults with significant cognitive disabilities to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to become independent and productive citizens.” She is currently working as a community mentor; she helps students in STING RAY to get involved on campus and with anything else they need help with regarding life at school.

Stephanie says “I am so grateful to have the opportunity to meet all these amazing people and help them grow and explore this amazing community here at USFSP.”

References:

http://project10.info/StingRay.php

My name is Chloe Thirion. I am a twenty-one year old Accounting major with a Management minor in the Honors College at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.  I currently work on campus as an RA in Residence Hall One and at a daycare for kids under three years old.    I like the simple things in life. I love shopping for office supplies. A neatly organized to-do list can make me  positively giddy. I carry a small legal pad and a pen with me so I can take notes as I need. My favorite pizza is  margherita. I love coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and I believe there is a time and place for each. I like to  daydream. My favorite thing to do is read.  I have little, little siblings-- my brother Rhett is thirteen and my sister Lilly is six. I like to be the boss; that might be obvious from the birth order situation. I might even go so far as to say I'm a control freak.    I hope to go on to get my Master's of Accountancy after my bachelor's. I like school; I tell people it's the only thing I know how to do, but I'm (half) joking when I say that.
Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.