This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Just like millions of Americans (and against my better judgment), I keep up with the Kardashian-Jenner clan. I can tell you almost everything from when Kimye released the first image of their baby boy, Saint West, to the love rollercoaster we all know as Kourtney and Scott.

It’s pretty sad how much I know about the Kardashian-Jenner family. I’m pretty sure I would get a 100 percent on my current event quizzes if they were only about the Kardashians.

With this in mind, I have no shame in saying that I was one of the 1.3 million iOS users who downloaded the “Kendall and Kylie” game within the first five days of it’s launch (more like few hours, but that isn’t important).

After playing this game for a full week, I came to the conclusion that it’s basically “Kim Kardashian: Hollywood” with new characters and a few minor changes. “Kim Kardashian: Hollywood” is a game that was released in 2014 by Kim Kardashian West. In this game you do complete challenges to gain fans, the more fans you have the more famous you are.

With Kendall and Kylie being the reigning queens of social media, it was expected for their app to be designed around their favorite social media apps like Instagram.

In order to become famous in the game, you have to complete a variety of challenges to gain followers. Some of the challenges include vlogging, creating beauty videos and attending parties.

From what I understand, the whole point of the game is for you to become a Youtube star and to use that fame to get into the beauty industry. Similar to Youtubers like Michelle Phan who went from Youtube to makeup creator.

And in Kardashian-Jenner fashion, you need a relationship to help you gain followers and to become famous (no shade intended). It’s pretty much impossible to go viral without being in some sort of relationship.

In my time playing the game, I couldn’t really tell what influence Kendall had on the game.

Everything that I saw throughout the game was Kylie from the color scheme to the style options you had in regards to fashion and beauty.

I honestly regret downloading this game, it is the same thing as the Kim Kardashian-West game. Nothing about the game made me want to keep the app on my phone. 

*The images are my personal screenshots.*www.weheartit.com

I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg pursuing my Masters in Digital Journalism and Design. I have a strong photography background with expertise in writing, social media, event marketing, and graphic design. Williams can be reached by email at tamiracle@mail.usf.edu.    Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out you take another shot. ~ unknown
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.