How to incorporate NYFW trends into your wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Now that New York Fashion week is over (cue the tears!!) It’s time to update your wardrobe. After drooling over some of your favorite designers runway shows and coveting your favorite pieces checking your wallet can be a serious reality check. Unfortunately the average college student can’t  afford  Haute Couture. But fear not, there is hope.  You can incorporate some of NYFW’s top trends into your wardrobe without breaking the bank.

White on White 

This season No color is the best color! White is the freshest shade for Spring/ Summer 2015. Prabal Gurung showed how chic white on white can be by kicking off his collection with crisp clean whites.  This trend is  so simple, anyone can do it. Grab a pair of  white clean jeggings from American Eagle for $ 34.99, pair them with a crisp white button down, grab some ankle boots and you’re good to go. 

Sportswear 

Sportswear was seen all over the runway, from Rag and bone to Alexander Wang.  Before you get too excited, this does not mean that you can stroll into class in your favorite sweatpants. It is however a chance for you to experiment with new textures and silhouettes.  Alexander Wang’s use of mesh is the perfect inspiration. American Apparel has a plethora of mesh bodysuits, tops, and dresses that you easily incorporate into your wardrobe. 

Bright Colors 

Remember when fall meant pulling out all your grays, blacks, and browns from the back of your closet,  well that is in the past. This fall take a risk and bust out your bright reds ,oranges, and pinks! The future is blazing with color and it’s time to fire up!

Fresh Face 

This season’s biggest trend is a no makeup. Marc Jacobs had all of his models walk the runway makeup free. You read right, not a stich of foundation or eye shadow. Who knows how long the no makeup trend is going to last (hopefully a long time) you might as well use this as an opportunity to give your skin a break. Cut down your morning routine, put some moisturizer on and you’re off.

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.