emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To: Give Gifts at Work

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

I don’t know about you guys, but knowing whether or not to give Christmas gifts to my coworkers is a very tough decision. There are thirteen people that work at my job (not including myself and my sister), which adds up to a lot of money spent on gifts. My boss always throws a Christmas brunch in which we do a gift exchange with a $25.00 limit, but I inevitably always get gifts from people after the fact, which compels me to want to buy everyone an individual gift on top of the secret santa gift exchange.

As I have gotten older, I have found that if everyone just gives each other money, then all you are doing is exchanging money and that just seems like a waste. Here are my ideas for unique Christmas gifts for coworkers that won’t break your budget:

1. Bake them their favorite dessert. You can try our pumpkin pie cheesecake, which smell and taste delicious! If you know they don’t like cheesecake, try making them cookies or something else to satisfy their sweet tooth. Package it up nicely with some holiday ribbon and you are good to go!

2. Offer a free night of babysitting. My boss has a 2-year-old son, and I know she would appreciate a night of free babysitting so she could go out with her husband. Pair that with a small gift card to their favorite restaurant and you have the perfect date night gift.

3. Frame a picture of you and your coworkers. If you are particularly close to someone at work, and maybe you have a photo together from an office party or a night out, buy a cute picture frame and put the photo inside. Everyone loves a good memory and it is something they can keep on their desk!

4. Make a donation to their favorite charity. I love the charity WorldVision (http://www.worldvision.org/); they provide health care, food, clothing, and more to under privileged around the world. Why not take that $20.00 you would have spent on dinner and donate it to someone less fortunate and get a certificate to give to your coworkers.

Photo Credit:

http://www.livespin.info/2010_…

worldvision.org

Emily is a senior at USFSP studying English Literature. She has been with Her Campus for one year and one month, and loves all the friends she has made by joining. Her hobbies include reading, spending time with friends, baking, and catching up on her favorite television shows. Her favorite thing about Her Campus is the ability to write about things that are relevant to girls her own age, as well as covering fun campus events. She looks forward to her last semesters of under graduate study and Her Campus USFSP.