Getting Ready For USFSP’s Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

USFSP’s 2016 Homecoming Week, brought to you by Harborside Activities Board, is just around the corner. Here is the list of events happening during the week:

• Monday, October 3rd: Night at the Bay

• This homecoming kickoff event will include a zip line, carnival foods, and spectacular fireworks! Event is from 7-9:30 p.m.

• Tuesday, October 4th: Homecoming Ball

• Event is from 8 p.m. -12 a.m. The theme is Midnight Masquerade and it will be a night to dress to impress and feel the mystery of USFSP. There will be food, dancing and the revealing of the Homecoming King & Queen. Be sure to cast your ballot for the Homecoming King and Queen on HAB’s Petesync page by October 2nd at 11:59 p.m.

• Wednesday, October 5th: Cardboard Boat Race

• USFSP’s oldest tradition will be a competition of a lifetime. See students, faculty, and staff sink or swim in their homemade boats made of only cardboard, bags, and tape. There will be food, activities, and more!

• The cardboard boat inspections will be from 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m., the tailgate will be from 3-5pm, and the actual cardboard boat race & awards will be at 5pm.

• Deadline to register your club for the cardboard boat race is September 30th.

• Thursday, Tampa Concert

• The performer will be 2 Chainz. HAB will be getting a bus that holds 50 students. The bus will leave at 6 p.m. and leave the concert at 12:15 a.m. Check HAB’s page on Petesync form the form to sign up for the bus.

*Photo credit: https://www.google.com/search?q=2+chainz&biw=1525&bih=709&source=lnms&tb…

• Friday, October 7th: So Fresh Foam Fest

• Get ready to glow and dance with friends in a foam pit! The event is from 8-10 p.m.

• Saturday, October 8th: USF vs. East Carolina Football Game

• To end off the week, head over to the Raymond James Stadium to watch the football game. Game time is TBA.

Don’t forget to wear USFSP gear throughout homecoming week to show your love for USFSP! HAB will also be giving out Homecoming shirts as supplies last, so make sure you get to events early!

Get ready Bulls, this is going to be one heck of a homecoming!

HCXOXO,

Kelli Carmack

*Homecoming pictures credited to USFSP’s Harborside Activites Board Facebook page

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.