Florida Theme Park Halloween Events You Have to Attend This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Halloween is my favorite time of the year. I love it because it is the time when we can be whoever we want to be even if it is ridiculous. One of the greatest things that happens around Halloween here in Florida is that we have great events hosted by different theme parks to attend, normally through the months of September and October, which really get you in the Halloween spirit. All are different and have qualities that make them stand out from the rest.

In no particular order…

1. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party creates a relaxed family atmosphere where everyone can get together dressed as their favorite characters to trick or treat in The Magic Kingdom park. This event lasts from September 15th to November 1st this year on select nights. Every year they have a parade with all the villains you love to hate, however this year there is a twist! The infamous Sanderson Sisters from the movie Hocus Pocus will be accompanying the villains on these spooky nights.

1. Halloween Horror Nights

This year Jack the Clown is here to haunt your nightmares. This is the twenty-fifth year that Halloween Horror Nights has been put up at Universal Studios so trust me, they know what they are doing. This event is supposed to be the scariest of them all and is happening from September 18th through November 1st this year on select nights. The Walking Dead, Insidious, Freddy vs. Jason, and The Purge are also going to be accompanying Jack the Clown on his endeavor to make you run home crying so beware!

1. Howl-O-Scream

This event is happening September 25th through October 31st this year on select nights. The theme is “Unearthed” from the producer of the Blair Witch Project featuring Scarlet on her quest for revenge. This event is supposed to be super scary as well as it allows guests to ride their coasters and drop towers such as Cheetah Hunt and Falcon’s Fury. With access to the park starting at 5 p.m. there will be plenty for you to do. There are also some themed live shows that are offered throughout the park during the night.

Whichever park you decide to visit, I’m sure you will have a great time. There is so much to do throughout this next month you will surely be Halloween ready in no time! Happy Halloween!

HCXOXO

Alana Long

Resources:

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/08/unearthed-scarletts-revenge-revealed-for-howl-o-scream-2015-as-busch-gardens-tampa-partners-with-blair-witch-project-producer/

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.