Five Inexpensive #TreatYourSelf Things to Get Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Here’s one word that will make any college student burst into immediate joy: PAYDAY. We work hard for our money and when we finally get that glorious direct deposit, we immediately do a little happy dance! But the question is, how do we spend that money? Obviously, you should save most of it because let’s be real, we’re all basically broke and need to save all the money we can get. But we can’t forget to treat ourselves once in awhile! If you need help getting inspiration for treat-yo-self items to buy for yourself, look no further!

#1: Something zenful for your room!

It’s always nice to decorate your room, and adding a little zen to it is always a good idea (college students need as much zen as they can get, especially during finals week). Some examples of items you could get could be a candle wax warmer with your favorite smelling wax, a salt lamp, or a cute little poster to put up on your walls. Check our your local Walmart or even Amazon to find these items.

#2: Merch from your favorite T.V. Show

If you’re a diehard fan of a T.V. show, treat yourself to merch from the series! Examples could be a Game of Thrones shirt or an Impractical Jokers mug. There’s no better feeling than wearing your favorite T.V. show’s shirt while watching the T.V. show!

#3: Games

Treat yourself to a fun game that you and all your besties can play in your college lounge one night! Examples could be Uno, Cards Against Humanity, What Do You Meme?, and The Voting Game!

#4: Inspirational Poetry Book

Sometimes college students can be #stressed (let’s be real, it’s mostly all the time), so what better way to treat yourself than with a nice, relaxing poetry book that will get you all up in the feels? Some examples can be the insanely popular Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur, the princess saves herself in this one by Amanda Lovelace, and I Wrote This For You by Iain S. Thomas.

#5: Accessories, accessories, accessories!

Accessories are a great example of inexpensive treat-yo-self items! Go onto Amazon and find a super cute pair of sunglasses (most are under $10) or a nice pair of earrings. Amazon has endless options and you’ll be sure to find something that you like.

I hope this article gave you all inspiration to go out there and #TreatYoSelf to something you really want. A little self-love doesn’t hurt anybody.

If you need me, I’ll be counting down the days until I get my next paycheck. New makeup, I’m coming for you!

HCXOXO,

Kelli Carmack

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.