Essentials for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

With spring fast approaching, clothing stores have stocked up on bright colored tops, sandals, and denim. Just like every season change, a wardrobe must consist on some essential things that will keep you in style comfortably. My favorite place for spring and summer clothing is American Eagle. It can be a tad expensive but these essentials can be mixed and matched to make any outfit.

Bright colors are always a trend for spring. I’ve selected four tops that are fun and colorful and can be worn with any pair of shorts or jeans. The long sleeve denim shirt can be used for those cold nights and the sleeves can be rolled up to wear over any floral dress. I’ve also included some bandeaus that aren’t your traditional black and white. These colors will pop through any sheer shirt you wear and it’s sure to bring life to any outfit.

Spring is all about cute dresses! I’ve picked three that can be worn on any hot day or even over a bathing suit. The cobalt blue is very pretty and if you pair it with a metallic gold belt, it’s sure to draw attention. The other two are just very simple chiffon dresses that would be comfortable enough to wear for any occasion.

Colored shorts and denim have been a trend that has crossed over into the spring and summer months. This subtle pink has enough color to bring something new to your wardrobe. My favorite part about spring and summer is to be able to bring the white pants and shorts out again. These pants are the famous “jegging” material and the white makes any outfit classy. Of course, the trendy high-low skirts will be an essential to have. Black is always a safe bet when it comes to being able to wear it more than once. I’ve also seen highlighter bright high-lows as an upcoming trend for spring.

Last but not least, accessories! This bathing suit is a new style that resembles a crop top and the underwire will make “the girls” look great! Stacking of bracelets is a growing trend and these are so simple and can be worn with almost anything. A brown belt is another essential any girl should have. Brown is such a neutral color that it could go as a belt to accentuate your waist on a dress or even with your favorite shorts. Spring is also a season where the weather can’t seem to be steady. Scarves can be used for those days where it’s a little chilly outside. This mint colored scarf would be cute with any neutral colored shirt and if you’re daring enough, pair it with some colored jeans!

***DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated professionally with American Eagle in store or online. These are just my ideas being put together. I give all clothing and pricing credit to American Eagle.***

Hi, my name is Natasha Sears. I'm a sophomore at USF St. Pete and I'm majoring in Journalism!