DIY Flower Headbands

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

DIY Flower Headbands

Tired of paying up to $20 for flower headbands? Well don’t stress it, I got you. Keep reading if you want to learn how to make four headbands for less than $20 and in under 20 minutes (yes, it is possible). The things you need to make these cute headbands are:

1. A hot glue gun (I bought one from Michael’s for like $10 bucks)

2. Glue for your glue gun (if you spend more than $3 on this, you’ve been played)

3. Headbands (I bought an entire pack of 10 from Family Dollar for a dollar)

4. Artificial flowers (I bought four types of flowers from Family Dollar for a buck each)

Now time for the fun part, instructions!

First, remove all of the flowers from the artificial branch. They should be single flowers now (like my relationship status #ShoutoutToMyExes) and no longer clustered together.

Second, plug in the glue gun and please make sure there is glue in the gun. Don’t be stupid and forget to put the glue in the glue gun, that’s just being dumb. I honestly don’t know who would do something that stupid (I forgot to put glue in the glue gun #DontJudgeMe). While you’re waiting for the glue to heat up for use, align the flowers the way you want them on your headband.

Third, glue the flowers on the headband. Make sure the glue for each flower is dry before gluing on the next flower.

Lastly, put the flower headbands on and become Beyonce.

This is what the gluing should look like. You can never use too much glue!

This what it should look like in the front.

Tips!

1. When gluing, make sure you keep in mind the space between the flowers. Don’t just glue flowers on, you don’t want the flowers too close or too far. It is up to your discretion.

2. Avoid having the part of the headband with the flowers on it stretch too much. If you don’t, it could put damage the headband and make it last not as long as it could.

3. Before buying the headbands, try them out on your head. You don’t want to buy it too tight and have no blood going through your head because of your flower headband. So to all my bigheaded readers (shout out to your moms that pushed you out) if you are struggling to find a headband that’s comfortable, you can easily cut two headbands and tie them together. You can cut the length to fit your comfort.

DISCLAIMER: These DIY flower headbands will not make you become Beyonce, that was a joke and unfortunately, that’s impossible.

Photo Credit to Vogue

Choya Randolph is a Mass Communication major at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. She loves writing blogs and yearns to be writer for magazines or television entertainment. She's a junior and is bound to graduate Fall 2015. She plans to go to graduate school to get her Masters. To contact Choya email her at choya@mail.usf.edu
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.