photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Dapper Day at the Walt Disney Parks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

“DAPPER DAY® events are not associated with Walt Disney Enterprises.”- Dapperday.com

I have just been let in to a fantastic Disney inside fact. Every year for over 20,000 guests in three of Walt Disney’s parks (California, Florida, and France), there is a day where many people get together to celebrate the Disney magic, vintage style, and fun.

For both Disneyland California and Walt DisneyWorld, they hold these celebrations twice a year with one event in the fall and the other in the spring. This event is a perfect way to show off your style while having a fantastic time in one of the most historic theme parks in the world.

“These are not strict period recreations, instead, we welcome all sophisticated fashions, from vintage-inspired to contemporary chic – show us your ‘Sunday best!’” – Dapperday.com

People even take their style inspirations from famous Disney characters, while putting it into a retro vintage style. This is what I would like to do if I can manage to go myself later this year. It would be my dream to be able to take part in this celebration as a vintage Minnie Mouse!

In addition to the park fun, there are also other events that guests can purchase tickets for in order to further the experience, such as a Dapper Day lawn party and a Dapper Day Expo at the Grand Floridian Hotel.

People have lots of fun making new friends and looking stylish together in the parks. It is also very popular to get together with other Dapper Day guests in the parks and take group photos looking your best.

I have spent countless hours poring over the #dapperday tag on Instagram looking at all of the fashion and activities. I am so excited to actually get to attend myself in the fall of this year. I have already started to plan my outfit for the event.  

According to the Dapper Day website, these are the dates of the 2015 events:

2015 EVENTS:

Sat+Sun Feb 28+Mar 1,  DAPPER DAY EXPO in Disney’s Grand Californian HotelSun Mar 1,  DAPPER DAY LAWN PARTY Disneyland Hotel, CASun Mar 1,  “DAPPER DAY at the Parks,” Disneyland Resort CA Sat Mar 14,   “DAPPER DAY at the Parks,” Magic Kingdom, WDW FL

Fri Sept 18,  “DAPPER DAY Fall Soirée” Disneyland ResortSat Sept 26,   “DAPPER DAY Fall Soirée” Disneyland ParisSat Oct 3,   “DAPPER DAY Fall Soirée” Walt Disney World FL

• Alana Long

Picture and Information Resources:

http://dapperday.com/

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.  
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.