This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

It’s February! Which means it’s time for the month of love! Valentine’s Day is coming, and if you’re a USFSP student looking for fun ways to celebrate, I have created a guide of all the happenings. I’ve included events on campus and nearby that are free for students to attend! 

February 9th, 5-6 pm 

LASA Valentines Day 

Join the Latin American Student Association for hot cocoa, cookies, and DIY love letters in the OMA office. If you’re interested, wear the following colors to represent your current relationship status: white – single, pink – it’s complicated, and red – taken. For more information check out their Instagram @usfsplasa and the event on BullsConnect. 

February 9th, 6-7 pm 

Poetry at the Dalí Museum 

Every month poets read at the Dalí, free to all! Reservations are encouraged, you can reserve your tickets on the Dalí website. This month’s three poets are Tyler Gillespie, Gloria Muñoz, and Curtis Davis. Gillespie is a published writer, co-founder of the Florida Local Artist and Writer Network, and teaches writing at Ringling College of Art + Design. Muñoz is a Colombian-American writer, literary translator, and advocate for multilingual literacy and writing. Davis is the Co-Founder of GrowHouse, an artist collective dedicated to growing the community and culture through poetry and hip-hop. 

February 11th, 6-8 pm 

Pottery Painting Night 

Student Life and Engagement and the Harborside Activities Board are bringing Practically Pikasso to USFSP for one night only! In the USC reef, you and your friend can paint a variety of pottery pieces in a calming atmosphere!  

February 12th, 1-3 pm 

A Literary Afternoon at the Dalí 

Learn about haikus and friendship with the authors of How I Arrived Here & The View From My Deck. In this workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to write your own and share them with the group. This event is free, but reservations are required. Sign up on the Dalí’s website here

February 13th, 11:30 am-1 pm 

Love your Career 

Brought to you by the Student Success Career Center, this tabling out front of the USC will educate you about what the Career Center has to offer including career plans, resume writing guides, and LinkedIn tips! 

February 13th, 5:30-7 pm 

Her Campus: Blind Dating 

Looking for love? In this game show-style event, taking place in the Reef and USC Lobby, one person will be hidden from the audience’s view and the contestants will be answers questions. Maybe this is your chance to fall in love or be part of a match made in Heaven! 

February 14th, 11 am-3 pm 

Love on the Lawn 

The Wellness Center presents: Love on the Harborwalk Lawn. In honor of Valentine’s Day and National Condom Day, this event aims to educate students about love, sex, and relationships! The Wellness Center is collaborating with OMA and other campus organizations for this fun event! 

February 14th, 9 am-3 pm 

SVO Valentines Day Scavenger Hunt 

The Student Veteran’s Organization has hidden pieces of heart-shaped chocolate around campus, with notes attached to each about where to find more chocolate. The person who collects the most wins a $10 gift card to Oak & Stone on Central Ave! 

February 15th, 5-6 pm 

BSA: Sex and Chocolate 

The Black Student Association presents Sex and Chocolate in the Office of Multicultural Affairs. Join them to learn more about sex and relationships with chocolates for everyone to enjoy! 

Be sure to check out all of these events! If you enjoy any that you attend, be sure to check out BullsConnect to find more events happening on campus in the future!

Riley is writer at Her Campus: USFSP. She focuses on writing about music, movies, books, and culture. She is a senior at the University of South Florida: St. Petersburg studying Digital Communications and Multimedia Journalism, with a minor in English Literary Studies. She hopes to work in magazine editing or book publishing in the future. Outside of Her Campus, Riley uses Letterboxd and Goodreads more than any other social media site. Her favorite movies are Knives Out, Chungking Express, and Before Sunset. Her favorite books are The Great Gatsby, The Catcher in the Rye, and The Secret History.