Campus Cutie: Sadandré Jackson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Meet Sadandré Jackson, a first-year student who is making big moves at the USFSP. Jackson is not only the founder of two new organizations on campus, but he is also a Gates Millennium Scholar. Keeping reading to learn more about Sadandré.

Age: 18

Class Standing: First Year- Sophomore

Major: Psychology

Why did you decide to come to USFSP?

After a lot of research, I noticed the school was big on individualism and the scenery attracted me as well.

In what ways are you involved on campus?

Step Team, Gospel Choir, RHA, BSA and Spectrum Mentor Program.

What inspired you to start The Herd Step Team?

Steping has always been one of my passions and I noticed that USFSP didn’t have have a team so I decided to start one. Our focus is to make it multicultural because there is a common misconception that it is only for African Americans.

What is the best part of being involved on campus?

The best part about being involved on campus is that I get to express myself in many different ways besides academically.

What do you do outside of school?

I am a big social media fanatic, I attend church every Sunday and occasionally take trips the beach with the squad.

What is your best quality?

Besides my looks, I would say my sense of intellectual acuity.

What are some of your hobbies?

Singing, stepping, hanging with the USC 6th floor family and making people laughs.

What do you hope to do with your degree after graduation?

I plan to attend the USF Tampa to pursue a Master’s and Doctoral in Industrial-Organizational Psychology. My ultimate plan is to work with an IO Psych office for a while and then open my own practice. Once my practice is established, I will collaborate with the USF system and allow students to work and intern there.

How tall are you?

6 feet

One word that describes you:

Sadandre, because I feel like there is not one word that encompasses my beliefs, passions, thinking, style and personality.

What’s your favorite thing about our campus?

The Leadership LLC, because I feel blessed that I get the opportunity to live with people who take leadership seriously and strive to make the county better.

What’s your favorite thing to do on campus?

My favorite thing to do on campus is to sit by the water and reflect.

What are some unique talents that you have?

I play the bagpipes and I am the lead singer for my youth praise and worship team.

What’s your favorite movie?

Friday Night Lights

Anything else you would like the student body to know about you?

I am a very open-minded individual and I am very interactive with people.

I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg pursuing my Masters in Digital Journalism and Design. I have a strong photography background with expertise in writing, social media, event marketing, and graphic design. Williams can be reached by email at tamiracle@mail.usf.edu.    Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out you take another shot. ~ unknown
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.