Campus Cutie: Nicholas Patides

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

You may know Nick Patides as 2014-2015 Homecoming Duke but there is so much more to learn about this week’s Campus Cutie. He is stupendously involved on and off campus. Patides exemplifies diversity on campus through his immense Greek culture and keeps you laughing with his hilariously awesome personality. There are so many great things that can be learned about Patides and through this interview, many were found.

What’s your major and age?

I am a Biology major and I am 21 years old.

When do you graduate?

I graduate in the summer of 2016

What made you come to USFSP?

I came to this school because of the beautiful campus and the intimate classroom size.

What are you involved in?

I’m a former Resident Assistant, a former Orientation Leader, and former Treasurer of the Entrepreneurship Club. I’m chair of the Senate Committee on Special Funding, I was elected as the School’s Homecoming Duke, and I was recently nominated for a Rocky Award. In addition, I am an active member of the Needle Arts Club.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In ten years I see myself a few years past medical school, settled down, married and a successful doctor.

What are your hobbies?

In my spare time I love to whittle, which is carving materials out of wood. I also play piano, play guitar, and love to write. I also cook and do, Do It Yourself projects!

Who is your idol?

My idol is Nick Patides. No not me, my grandfather was named Nick Patides as well. He passed away but he was a great man. He was a musician and taught me the importance of being kind to others

What advice would you give to incoming freshman?

I would tell Freshman to be themselves. Not being afraid of being yourself is really important and unfortunately people lose sight of that.

Choya Randolph is a Mass Communication major at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. She loves writing blogs and yearns to be writer for magazines or television entertainment. She's a junior and is bound to graduate Fall 2015. She plans to go to graduate school to get her Masters. To contact Choya email her at choya@mail.usf.edu
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.