Campus Celebrity Savannah Smith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Savannah Smith is arguably one of the nicest people on campus. Even Debbie Downer couldn’t refrain from smiling around this sophomore! She’s a Biology major who aspires to work with children after she graduates in 2017. She loves running and plans to run the Boston Marathon one day. Meet this week’s campus celebrity, Savannah!

Cynthya Walker: How are you involved on campus?

Savannah Smith: I’m involved in Harborside Activities Board and I am the Film Director.

CW: What is it like working as Film Director? 

SS:  It’s been such a fun experience planning each Screen on the Green night and getting to help launch that event this year. But, I really love working on the HAB team. I’ve met so many awesome people through it.

CW: What do you aspire to become?

SS: I want to become a pediatric physical therapist or an occupational therapist. I haven’t decided on which yet, but I definitely want to work with kids. I’ve shadowed these jobs before and just know I would love it. 

CW: Have you always wanted to be that in the future?

SS: No, I used to want to be an elementary school teacher. But, I started working at a preschool and although I love that job now I know I could never be a teacher my whole life!

CW: What are your plans after graduation? 

SS: Plans after graduation? Well hopefully I will have been accepted to a PT or OT program somewhere in Florida (I love Florida) and I’ll be starting my last trek of schooling! But, I’m putting it all in God’s hands. He’s got a plan for me.

CW: What are your hobbies?

SS: Definitely running and if laying out by the water whenever I have free time is a hobby, then that too :)

CW: How many half-marathons have you ran? Do you plan on running any marathons? 

SS: I have ran 5 half marathons, my first being my junior year of high school and I just ran my 5th in March. Yes, I really, really want to run a marathon. I’m hoping I’ll be trained and ready to run one by January 2017. And then one day I’d LOVE to qualify for the Boston Marathon. That’s a huge goal of mine. 

CW: Coke or Pepsi?

SS: Coke for sure.

CW: Single or taken?

SS: Taken by a fellow USFSP Bull, James Marshall. It’s funny because we met while we were both at USFSP but we went to the same high school and we’re neighbors! 

Cynthya is a sophomore at USFSP majoring in Mass Communications. She currently holds the position of Editing and Content Chair in her chapter. She aspires to work at Cosmopolitan and write to her heart’s desire. She loves to be adventurous and often agrees to try new things with a, “why not?” attitude. She loves the city life because she was raised in South Korea and sees herself living in New York among all the skyscrapers and cabs one day. She's destined to becoming a dog lady because she has so much love for every pooch. You can contact her by email at cwalker12@mail.usf.edu or follower her on Instagram at @your_cynsation.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.