Campus Celebrity: Heidi Colon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Meet Heidi, a USFSP freshman who has fallen head over heels with our wonderful university. Heidi hasn’t let her freshman status stop her from charging into campus life fearlessly. She has taken advantage of the many opportunities that the university has offered, the most recent being becoming an orientation leader. Heidi hopes to share her love of USFSP with everyone that she meets. 

What year are you (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior)? 

I am a first year student here at USFSP!

Why did you decide to go to USFSP?

USFSP won me over with its small class sizes and friendly people. I really felt at home here, the bay is an added bonus!

What’s your major?

My major is Health Science with a concentration in Communications Disorders.​

What’s your favorite thing about our campus?

My favorite thing about our campus is actually not a physical place, it is the fact that since it is a small campus you have many incredible opportunities to not only develop yourself a student but as leader. If I had to choose a physical thing it would have to be the bay :).

What’s your favorite thing to do on campus?

I love to sit by the bay while I wait for classes to start! It is truly the most relaxing thing to do and you never know what you might catch in the water!

Why’d you decide to become an Orientation Leader?

I decided that it was time for me to stand out and make an impact on the future bulls attending USFSP. I just wanted to make the incoming students know how great our university is and hopefully make them love our school as much as I do!

What are you looking forward to most about being an Orientation Leader?

I am most certainly looking forward to meeting all the new students. One can never have too many friends and as an Orientation Leader I hope to make tons of new ones!

What do you do when not at school (extra- curricular activities/jobs…etc)?

Currently I am the president of Disney and the Bulls, the National Communications Coordinator- In Training for the Residence Hall Association, I am a member of the Black Student Association, a mentee in the Spectrum program and a member of the Needle and Arts club. As for jobs, I am a student assistant for the Housing and Residence Hall office and I am an Orientation Leader.

If you could have a superpower which would you pick?

If I could have any super power I would have to pick the ability to teleport! I think it would we really convenient to be able to transport to any place in a matter of seconds!

Who’s your favorite musician or group? 

I listen to a lot of different music mostly minor keys, but my favorite bands/musicians would have to be: The Script, The Fray, Paramore, and some Latin artists like Camila, Marc Anthony, and Romeo Santos.

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.