Break in the ‘Burg: A Guide to Spring Break in St. Petersburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Sometimes our “plans” are to simply have no plans. If you’re choosing to spend spring break in St. Petersburg, you’re in luck; there’s plenty going on. Whether you choose to take advantage of the local beaches and parks or relax at home, St. Petersburg will be hosting some events that are totally spring break-worthy:

Kick off spring break by watching the streets of downtown St. Petersburg double as a racetrack for the Firestone Grand Prix, where drivers race at speeds around 170 mph on a 14-turn course! This event will be from Friday, March 9, through Sunday, March 11.

Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day? We’ve got you covered! How about the St. Patrick’s Day Party on Wednesday, March 14, at Addington Place College Harbor? The St. Patty’s themed party is family friendly too.

Who doesn’t love a good festival? Gulf Beaches Rotary is hosting the Spring Break Waterfront Festival and Carnival, featuring carnival rides, live entertainment, and food and craft vendors! This festival is actually a fundraiser raising money benefiting local charities and nonprofit organizations, so if you’re not already attending the festival for a good time, why not attend to  support a good cause. The festival begins Thursday, March 15, and ends Sunday, March 18. And the best part? It’s free!

Want to take part in the night life? The Night Market St. Pete will be here on Thursday, March 15, at 6:00 p.m.! The market will feature over 60 local vendors, DJ, food, and drinks.

Before spring break comes to an end, why not go to the 3DB Arts and Drafts Festival at 3 Daughters Brewing on Sunday, March 18? The art festival hosts over 50 unique artists from the Bay Area!

In between all of these events, you’ll probably get hungry, right? With extra time on your hands, you may try different restaurants in the area— why not try new places with a discount? Here are some student discounts offered to USFSP students for local restaurants:

Thirsty First: 10% discount

119 1st Avenue North

Central Melt: 25% discount

685 Central Ave

Rollbotto Sushi: 10% discount

221 1st St N

Cider Press Cafe: 10% discount

601 Central Avenue North

Nueva Cantina: 10% discount

1625 4th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701

Tropical Smoothie Cafe: 10% discount

6th Avenue South

Old Southeast Market: 15% discount

1700 3rd St S

Midnight Bakery: 15% discount

11th St S

Fresh Kitchen: 10% discount

4447 4th St N #2

Whatever you choose to do with your time over spring break, ENJOY! Remember to take time for you and spend your time doing things that will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to finish Spring 2018 strong!

But for right now, it’s sprang break…

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZpCyghlrMnUXK/giphy.gif

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others. 
Annie is a social media writer for USF St. Petersburg Marketing and Communications Department. She is majoring in Sociology and Criminology and minoring in Psychology and Leadership. "If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison