5 Ways to Make Your Make-up POP!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Perfect Winged Eyeliner

If you want your eyeliner to pop, you have to master having perfect winged eyeliner. It is frustrating to have one eye have a perfect wing but the other one not match. Or when you have to keep making the eyeliner thicker, super annoying. But no worries, Choya to the rescue! (#AvengerLife) A good way to avoid ugly winged eyeliner is to dot the line instead of just free drawing lines on your eyelid. Once you have all the dots aligned, just follow the dots, as simple as that!

Double Winged Eyeliner

So if you’re Beyonce and absolutely perfect, you’ve probably mastered the perfect winged eyeliner. Time to step things up; time for double winged eyeliner. This make-up method really does make you eyes pop. When you’re putting on eyeliner, just simply add another wing. You can add three if you’re feeling like a eyeliner guru. Once you’re done, flex on the ‘gram (Instagram).

Simple Eyeliner

Now eyeliner does take time to master, so for all the people on the struggle bus looking at their liquid eyeliner as if it were a test you didn’t study for, don’t stress; there are alternatives. You can wear liquid eyeliner without the wing. (SHOCKER!) And it actually does look really pretty. So instead of just some eyeshadow, add that eyeliner. And to make it pop more than a Lady Gaga album, use different eyeliner colors.

Ombre Lips

You’ve probably heard of ombre hair right? Well ombre lips are also a thing and it can really add some “ummfff” to your make-up. Instead of wearing one lipstick color, wear two and ombre it! Make sure that you have a dark lipstick and a lighter one. Have the perimeter of your lips be the darker color and then have the center of your lips be the lighter color. I ombred my lips using dark red and gold. See the difference? Ombre lips are lifeee. (yes, I added two extra “e”s for emphasis. Don’t judge me)

Bootleg Blush

I know the name doesn’t sound appealing but the method works. If you don’t have any blush or your blush brush is living another life and no longer works, you can use lipstick as blush. I know that sounds bootleg (hence the name) but it does work. It’s a quick method that gets the job done. In fact, sometimes it looks better than actual blush. You decide! Just get some red, ink or whatever preferred color, and rub it carefully on your cheeks.

Now that you’ve gained some make-up tips, go out into the world my little grasshoppers! Go be the best Beyonce’s you can be!

Choya Randolph is a Mass Communication major at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. She loves writing blogs and yearns to be writer for magazines or television entertainment. She's a junior and is bound to graduate Fall 2015. She plans to go to graduate school to get her Masters. To contact Choya email her at choya@mail.usf.edu
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.