etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

2017 Spring Break Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Organization seems to be a consistent theme trending on YouTube and social media sites recently – and I guess the Her Campus survival kit is no different! The survival kit included some beautiful Erin Condren planners and markers – which were raffled off randomly to our different team members during a club meeting to give every girl a fair shot of getting one.

Photo courtesy of Megan Hammer

I, for one, also really appreciate coupons, and even though they seem to convince me to buy more things, it also opens me up to trying new brands – such as the Psssst! Dry Shampoo. I am a big dry shampoo fan – especially during these college days  when I need to freshen up throughout the day. The bottles in the survival kit have a decent amount of product in each one (and there were plenty for each girl to get at least 2), but they are also small enough to throw in a purse or tote bag to have on hand for a late-afternoon refresh!

As an avid makeup lover, I have heard of the Charlotte Tilbury and the brand’s notable “Hot Lips” lipstick line, but I have never gotten the chance to try them out for myself. With the samples that came in the kit, they are perfect for trying a variety of (mostly natural looking) shades from the line. They are one time use, and I like that I could also stick some of these in my purse to keep on hand with the dry shampoo!

Around this time of year, if you don’t live 5 minutes away from the beach like I do, then you have probably lost that sun-kissed tan from last summer. With the L’Oréal self-tanning towelettes in the survival kit, you can carry them around with you to have on hand any time. The sample color provided may not be one that suits everyone’s skin tone, but it does provide a subtle, nice looking bronze if you are feeling a little pale this time of year (to tide you over until your actual Spring Break).

Lastly, the pineapple Juicy Couture bracelet that came in the kit now has a home with one of our beautiful girls – it too was raffled off with the planners and markers. I think that this brand is a classic brand, and I appreciate the 20% off coupon that was included with our survival kits.

As we approach Spring Break and the sun is making its way back around, the girls and I will enjoy our little goodies from the survival kit and maybe even do a little shopping with our new coupons.

HCXOXO,

Hayley Garron

Hayley Nicole Garron is a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, currently majoring in Journalism. She has passions of reading, writing, playing soccer, shopping, and doing things for others, and she aspires to to gain her fame by creating a novel so amazing you won't want to put it down. In her spare time, she can be found watching YouTube videos, writing her blog, "This is why I'm Haute," or trying new DIY's found on pinterest. USFSP has been a great influence to help her find more of herself in growing up.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.