2016 USFSP Homecoming Masquerade Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

This past Tuesday was Harborside Activities Board’s Midnight Masquerade Ball. Over 250 people attended, all dressed to impress and ready to dance the night away.

There were giant masquerade masks right outside the ballrooms, a photobooth where you could take the most poised or goofy photos with your friends, and a glamorous red carpet that led right to the event.

The most anticipated moment of the night was the crowning of the 2016 Homecoming King and Queen. Seniors Juan Salazar and Justice Thornton won that honor. Juan and Justice, with the help of Jared Bolton and Cynthia Wyre, the former homecoming King and Queen, topped off the night with leading a celebratory champagne toast for all the student attendees.

USFSP 2016 Homecoming King, Juan Salazar, with Her Campus members Kelli Carmack and Megan Hammer

Photo credits: Ban Hamadeh

Her Campus was able to get an exclusive interview with Juan and Justice. “My favorite part about tonight is just seeing all the support I got from all my friends,” says Juan Salazar. When asked for her thoughts on the night, Justice replied, “. . .it’s definitely something I’m going to remember for the rest of my life.”

2016 USFSP Homecoming Queen, Justice Thornton, with Her Campus members Kelli Carmack and Megan Hammer

Photo credits: Ban Hamadeh

Here is the link to the recap video of the Midnight Masquerade Ball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3iif0VLlE

HC with care,

Kelli Carmack and Megan Hammer

Profile picture courtesy of Megan Hammer

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
Megan Hammer is a junior at USFSP and is majoring in Global Business. She loves to travel, write, and listen to music. She is a musician herself, so she enjoys playing with other musicians in her spare time. An Illinois native, she is interested in experiencing different cultures and trying new things. Some places she has traveled to include Monaco, France, Germany, Italy, and England. Megan is constantly on the lookout for her next great adventure. She dreams of joining a volunteer service organization and giving time to communities in South America or Africa. As President & Campus Correspondent, she proudly represents the USFSP Her Campus chapter.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.