This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Saturday night’s runway show marked the finale of St. Pete Art and Fashion Week. This event was held at Priatek Plaza which is located on Central Avenue in St. Petersburg. The venue provided guests with the opportunity to browse and shop pop up booths, with local art and fashion on display, before the models graced the runway.

Melissa Dolce with her designs

Upon arrival, guests were given a preview of what was to be expected later in the night. Models stood statuesque wearing vibrant and intricate designs by Melissa Dolce, owner of Dolce Couture. Of the models, one that was of particular interest to the crowd was a model dressed in a elegantly crafted monarch butterfly design. Matthew Cooley, creative director of hair and makeup, captured each thematic look effortlessly.

As everyone took to their seats, they couldn’t help but take note of the biggest piece of art yet – the runway. Freshly painted and with miscellaneous strokes of color, the runway provided the models with an excellent platform to showcase some of the best designs of St. Pete.

When the show started, models emerged from behind three multicolored wall structures that added to the artistic runway aesthetic. The fashion show featured collections from seven different designers whose looks ranged from swimwear to evening wear to everyday looks. As the night came to a close, the board of organizers thanked everyone for attending and bowed to the applause that filled the room.

The fashion show was the perfect sign off to the week’s festivities. It was a flawless culmination of art and fashion, two values that are heavily influenced throughout St. Petersburg. Her Campus is thankful for the opportunity to attend.

Her Campus contributors, Imani Craig & Vanessa Rivera with designer Raul Castillo

Her Campus contributors, Vanessa Rivera & Imani Craig with Event Coordinator Dona Crowley

Fashion Designers:

• Zema Boutique

• Morgan Issac

• Raul Castillo

• Be-Bops

• Allison Elizabeth Designs

• Goddess Swimwear

• Black Licorice by Boutique La Rochelle, LLC and KB Textiles

With love, HC.

Hi! My name is Imani and I am a 21 year old Mass Communications major living in sunny Florida. I love traveling, listening to music and you, know, occasionally writing.
Hey, I'm Vanessa! Im a senior at USFSP majoring in Mass Communications. I hope you enjoy my writing that will be about literally anything and everything. My goal after college is to find a career in the entertainment or music industry. To make that happen, I'm currently planning a big move from sunny Florida to sunny California! Follow me on my journey through my writing, enjoy!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.