This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.
  1. Wet Brush – If you aren’t using a wet brush, you’re doing absolutely everything wrong. This is the best detangling brush to ever exist. It’s so gentle on your head and doesn’t break off your hair. I refuse to use any other kind of brush! Plus, they aren’t expensive and you can almost always find them at your local Marshalls.

2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel – This is my favorite moisturizer. I have normal to dry skin and use this every morning and night. This is a cheaper duplicate of the Aqua Bomb moisturizer and is sold at both Wal-Mart and Target. Once you start using this moisturizer you will feel naked without it.

3. Comfort Color T-Shirts – If you’ve never owned a comfort color tee you are seriously missing out. This is the coziest brand you’ll find, and if you basically live in giant t-shirts the way that I do, it’s a match made in heaven. You can buy them plain, but I normally snag one from a local shop when I visit different places, so they normally have city names or cute designs on them.

4. Baby Powder – You’re probably a bit confused, allow me to explain. My hair would not, I repeat, would not, survive without baby powder. Whether I am blonde, brunette, or a mix between the two, I cannot make my 3 day stretch until my next hair wash without a load of baby powder. If you’ve never tried this, I find it to be a cheaper and more effective alternative to dry shampoo.

5. GOOD Mascara – I would definitely classify myself as a mascara snob. I almost always am willing to splurge on a high-end mascara. Having great eyelashes is necessary, even if you have no other makeup on. My personal favorites include “Superhero,” by IT cosmetics, “Man-Eater,” by Tarte, and “Wicked,” by Merle Norman. When I am completely broke, my go to is L’Oreal’s “Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise,” which is a duplicate for Too Faced mascara “Better Than Sex,” but I’ve found that the drug store version has a fuller effect and doesn’t dry up as fast. Either way, you won’t catch me without great lashes.

6. Fried Mozzarella Sticks – I am being so serious when I say that fried mozzarella sticks are the heart and soul of who I am. When people see or eat mozzarella sticks, I almost always get a snapchat or message that says, “this reminded me of you.” I actually received a text ten minutes after typing this that said, “Hey I miss you and your cheese stick loving self,” told ya. This is my all time favorite food. Name a restaurant and I will know if they have them and where they lie on a 1-10 scale of goodness.

7. Music – I absolutely cannot live without music, I can’t even drive or shower without music. It is the cure to all things bad, and something that keeps me functioning through life. I love pretty much all genres, and don’t go a day without clicking on my favorite playlist.

8. Mom – Life without my mom would be terrible. She is my best friend and understands me like nobody else. We think we are the funniest people we’ve ever met and I’m sure were far from it, but it’s the best having someone to joke around with or completely confide in about anything. It has never been a chore spend time with my Mama.

9. Remi-Jaye – My brand new baby niece. The most precious gift ever. I have never loved someone as much as I love her. My brother and sister-in-law are my best friends and they created a perfect little babe that I can no longer imagine life without. Plus, when you’re the aunt you can hand them right back when it’s time for a diaper change.

10. My relationship with God – God is so so good, and has blessed me throughout my entire life. When I fail, He is there, when I do good it’s because of Him, and when I need strength He provides. He has done so many great things for me and my family, and with Him I can do anything.

Taylor Tew

USFSP '20

Psalm 46:5
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.