10 signs you know you’ll never stick to a healthy diet.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

1. The first obvious sign is whenever you say you’re going to be healthy you don’t set the date right away you set it for a couple days so you can eat all the junk you want before that day comes.
  2. You push back the day because you already cheated on the first day or first couple days. You tell yourself it’s okay because you can start tomorrow. What’s the harm in a day or two?
  3. You figure it’s okay to eat unhealthy at a party or some event you’re at because you’re hungry and all they have is junk food.
  4. You’re out and you’re broke, so the only options are fast food restaurants so you figure it’s okay because you’re on a budget and your secretly craving it anyway.
  5. You make excuses why you can’t go exercise. Either you had a long day at work or have too much homework, but really you’re just lazy and don’t want to. You tell yourself over and over again I’ll exercise tomorrow then you realize you been telling yourself that for two weeks and you still haven’t.
  6. Your friends offer you a bite of what you know you shouldn’t eat because you’re trying to eat healthy, but it just looks too appetizing. You tell yourself it’s just one bite, but then it becomes 5 and before you know it your out to buy it.
  7. You make a cheat day where you can eat whatever you want because you can’t resist junk food and you’re tired of eating the healthy food, but one cheat day becomes five cheat days. Before you know it you haven’t been on your healthy diet in a week.
  8. You’re horrible at resisting anything with chocolate. Your roommates just pulled fresh brownies out of the oven. Who would ever say no to brownies? It’s that time of month and you make an excuse that chocolate will make you happy.  
  9. You can’t watch any cooking shows because god forbid Paula Dean comes on whipping up a butter filled meal that might make you crave something fried.
  10. Last but not least, you know you’ll never be that healthy chick because you’re way too picky to not have a variety of foods. You can’t help but get tired of eating fruits and salads every day. Let’s be real there’s a lot more variety in junk food. Bring on the fried foods!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.