Victoria Beltchenko, ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Year/Major?

Senior/Nursing

Hometown?

Simi Valley, CA 

Quick, name your favorite song or album at the moment!

Hmm right now, it’s probably Starving by Hailee Steinfeld!

What is the place you would take someone who has never been to San Francisco before?

I would definitely take them to brunch for starters–maybe Zazie’s in Cole Valley or Radish in the Mission. But I would also want to take them to the Ferry Building for the Farmer’s Market because it’s such a fun way to spend a Saturday; seeing everything the Bay Area has to offer at a local farmer’s market.

Being a nursing student I’m assuming you’ve had some great moments; can you tell me the best experience you’ve had during your clinicals?

Yes, there have definitely been some very rewarding moments. I think one of the best experiences I’ve had was being on a postpartum/maternity unit. I had the opportunity to help care for new moms and their newborns, and knowing that it is such a special moment for families makes it that much more rewarding for me as a nurse. It’s so interesting to think that these babies are going to grow up to be whoever they want to be because their journey is just beginning.

Was USF your first choice of school? Why or why not? 

Yes, USF was my first choice. They have such a great nursing program that really prepares you for the post-grad world. The curriculum is set up really well for what you learn in the classroom to be applied to the hospital hands-on.

What are you involved in on campus?

I’ve been very involved in the Delta Zeta Sorority, and I’m also a member of the Nursing Student Association.

Finally, is there anything you wish you would have done that you would urge the younger students to do?

I think my biggest piece of advice would be to get involved as much as possible. Before I got involved with organizations on campus, I felt like I was missing the support system I had back at home. Once I became more active, I found my lifelong friends that I don’t think I would’ve found if I hadn’t stepped out of my comfort zone a bit. You really do get out what you put into something, and getting involved in multiple activities or organizations helps you to find your place with your people without limiting yourself to one interest. 

Hi there! My name is Soleil Borda and I mainly write about all things beauty! Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials and all sorts of fun stuff :)
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!