This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Name: Sydney Ochoa

Year/Major: Sophomore, Communication Studies Major

Hometown: Ontario, California (not Canada)

All Tme Favorite Movie: Pride and Prejudice – it’s a classic and Kiera Knightly is my home girl, I’ll watch anything with her in it!

Favorite Place in San Francisco: I guess you could say the Marina, it’s so nice and it almost even feel like San Francisco.

If you could switch places with someone for a day, who would it be and why? I would switch places with Olivia Pope, not because she’s scandalous or anything, but because of a lot of other things. You know, not necessarily the mistress of the President of the United States! But, she has amazing style and she’s a badass, and she has my dream job. I would love to be the White House Communications Director one day. Also, who wouldn’t want to live in her apartment and sit down with a nice glass of wine at the end of the day? Actually, now that I think about it I don’t want her personal life at all, that’s too messy, but her professional life is great!

What made you decide to come to USF? Well, I am from a suburb and that played a lot into it because I wanted to be in a city. New York was too scary and that was my other option, so San Francisco was it, and it’s definitely more community based. Plus, I don’t feel like I am in a big city especially when I am at school. I can go downtown and get the city vibe, but I can also hang out in Golden Gate Park or go to the beach. Also, USF is so centrally located I can get the best of both, or really all worlds when I’m here! *Proceeds to sing “Best of Both Worlds” by Hannah Montana*

Are you involved in anything on campus? Yeah, I am in Delta Zeta Sorority and I am also President of Residence Hall Council for Fromm. I work at Koret too, which is our gym and that’s really fun.

If you could give advice to the incoming freshmen, what would you say? Don’t let what’s happening around you dictate the choice you make. Allow yourself to fully immerse into USF – get involved! Also, definitely take advantage of the city and see as much as you can. There is so much both USF and the city have to offer. By doing this, you’ll really be able to know yourself, and I think that’s important to do in your first year of college. 

Hi there! My name is Soleil Borda and I mainly write about all things beauty! Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials and all sorts of fun stuff :)
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!