Staff Spotlight: Dr. Seeley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

The recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Award at USF in 2001, Dr. Seeley is an English professor at USF. She specializes in British Literature, and most of her literary work focuses on the period between 1880 and 1939. She’s written on Virginia Woolf, Rebecca West, Joseph Conrad, and many Victorian women essayists. She has published literary nonfiction in several journals, and has even published a book. While working on her book, Seeley became interested in the environment, which prompted her to teach Literature and Environment, a USF core class. Dr. Seeley is currently working on a series of essays about cities, humans and the natural world. Classes taught by Dr. Seeley are no easy feat, but you will learn more than you ever expected!

Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.