This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

It’s been five years and I’ve finally found peace in my life. Jersey Shore premiered in 2009, revolutionizing reality television, and introducing us to great people like Pauly D and Snooki. They’ve finally returned after outpourings from fans and the cast after watching Floribama Shore in 2017. Now, under the name Jersey Shore Family Vacation, the show reached 10 million unique views during its premiere weekend. We’re four episodes into the season so I feel like I can finally speak on what the most pressing issues are: the absence of Sammi, Snooki and Vinny’s relationship, and Ronnie’s cringe worthy behavior.

1) Where’s Sammi?!

The relationship between Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Sammi Giancola’s was toxic, but guilty entertaining. If you watched the show before you know this for a fact and can understand why Sammi decided against returning to the series. Sammi released a statement revealing that she’s “at a completely different place” in her life at the moment. We’re rooting for you Sammi!

But don’t be too sad as in every episode thus far Sammi is mentioned. Whether it be Pauly D bringing a doll version of her, or Vinny making a semi-innocence joke about her, she’s mentioned constantly. However, Ronnie’s feelings about Sammi come off as bitter and almost obsessive. Although he was in a relationship and expecting a child during filming, Ronnie was still hung up on his past. He has continuously tried to defame Sammi’s character in the new series and the only person who seems to stick up for her is Deena. This obviously causes problems between Ronnie and Deena, but it is entertaining. Hopefully Ronnie will get over Sammi soon so the show can move on. If not, I’d love to see Sammi rejoin the cast for their next season so their relationship can finally be put to rest.

2) Snooki and Vinny’s Awkward Relationship

Snooki and Vinny were a couple I rooted for during the series’ original run. Sure they were never really in a relationship and mostly used each other for sex, but they were so funny together! Now that Snooki is happily married with two kids and Vinny is in a serious relationship, the chances of something happening between them is obsolete. However, in the third episode, Snooki showed what kind of toll her and Vinny’s relationship took on her marriage with some really awkward behavior. She would make a point out of not sitting near Vinny and barely speaking to him. I completely understand the need for boundaries, but when this awkwardness came to a head with an argument, Snooki was over dramatic. She continuously stated that Vinny was trying to “ruin her marriage”. Living in a house with the man that you cheated on your then boyfriend now husband with isn’t ideal, but there’s a way to handle things maturely and Snooki certainly did not do that. As of the most recent episode the two have seem to have made amends and I hope that we get to see elements of their old friendship later on in the season.

3) Too Much Ron Ron Juice

Oh, Ron. Ronnie’s behavior has always been questionable. From cheating on Sam in Miami, to heavy lifting her bed with Sam on it. But now with a girlfriend and a baby on the way, I hoped that he had turned it around. It seems that now with Mike being the good guy of the season, Ronnie is filling the role of the creep. In the most recent episode he cheats on his pregnant girlfriend with someone he met at the club after repeatedly stating throughout the night that he wasn’t “stupid” enough to cheat. There must be something in the air in Miami! This isn’t my only issue with him this season, his obsession with Sam and him not contacting Deena after her father’s passing really bothers me. The cast constantly states that they’re like a “family”, but what family member acts like that. Yikes. Hopefully Ronnie turns it around and redeems himself because it’s looking a bit frightful.  

Overall, Jersey Shore Family Vacation has exceeded my expectations. Honestly I thought it was going to be pretty boring, but it is already more entertaining than the previous season. Here’s to the return of GTL and Jerzdays!

Hello there! My name is Danner Jaundoo-Baker and I'm a sophomore here at USF. I'm a Computer Science major with a strong interest in being an English minor.
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!