This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

A quaint restaurant called Sweet Maple sits on the corner Steiner Street and Sutter Street in Lower Pacific Heights. Sweet Maple is a breakfast and lunch spot, but I visited for brunch – a real San Francisco way of life. The atmosphere is laid-back, but it can get kind of hectic and cramped at peak times.

The coffee was great and the food was even better. I got the Hemingway Benedict, and my good friend ordered the Herbi Omelet, both of which were delicious! The Hemingway Benedict is probably one of the best benedicts I have ever put in my mouth; it was a thing of beauty.

If you decide to go to this brunch spot you HAVE to order the Millionaire’s Bacon. It’s thick cut bacon with brown sugar and cayenne pepper, and it definitely changed the way I look at bacon. Check it out below and see for yourself how DELICIOUS it looks. 

Be careful when ordering drinks here! Look for the refill sign on the menu, otherwise you will be charged for multiple drinks. Also, they only take two credit cards per table.

This is on the more expensive end of brunch spots (I ended paying about $25), but it was worth every penny for me. If you are looking for a new brunch spot, I would highly recommend Sweet Maple!

Happy Brunching!

Hi there! My name is Soleil Borda and I mainly write about all things beauty! Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials and all sorts of fun stuff :)
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!