This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Waking up after snoozing 5 alarms and barely having enough time to choose an outfit is the constant daily struggle in the life of a college student. Luckily, makeup has your back when you’re just too tired to function. Here are some tips and tricks to make your all-nighter look like a refreshing, good night’s sleep.  

The night before!

The most important thing to save time in the mornings is to amp up your nightly routine. Making sure that your face is completely clean before bed will ensure there’s no makeup residue the next morning! Oil-based makeup removers generally work the best to get off even the most stubborn makeup – much better than the chemical-filled makeup wipes that barely make a dent on durable, waterproof mascara.

2-in-1 products!

Cheek and lip stains are also a must have if you’re short on time in the mornings. These can come in liquid, stick and cream form. If you’re looking for an all-day-put-together-look, then pick up Stila’s Cherry Crush Lip Stain. This will moisturize your lips and leave your cheeks looking glowy and dewy. For those who want a subtle “I woke up like this” color, go for Benefit’s Benetint or Poisetint, are they’re thinner liquids that are easily buildable for pigment but can also give you a light coloring with just a bit of product.

They’re not necessarily advertised as being 2-in-1, but they’re definitely superstars in the multitasking makeup world: BB creams and tinted moisturizers are both pigmented and moisturizing! My favorite drugstore products are the Maybelline BB Cream and the Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer. I apply these with a flat-top kabuki brush, concentrating the color in my T-zone (middle of forehead, nose/cheeks, and chin) and blending outward to distribute the product. The great thing about these products is that you don’t need to set it with powder because the point of them is to give you light coverage and a dewy finish!

Eyes!

Eyes are usually the main concern when you want to look fresh, but sometimes we don’t have enough time to create an eye shadow look. A great tip is to use one color in your crease. Use either a dark mauve or deep tan color just to add depth to the eyelid. To define the eyes, grab your kohl eyeliner and line the tight line (the inner part of your top lid) and the outer third of your water line (the outer part of your lower lash line). Depending on your skin tone, a lighter shade of eyeliner will make your look more natural. Pale skin tones could use a light brown liner and darker skin tones could use brown/dark brown. If you want to add more color to your look, using colorful eyeliner can give you a subtle pop! Finish off with a coat of mascara and you’ve got yourself a natural and simple eye look!

Hopefully these tips will help smooth out a rough morning – but either way, do what makes you feel great! Whether you have a full face or are rocking the no-makup look, you’re beautiful inside and out! 

Sareena graduated from the University of Oregon in 2020 with a Bachelor's degree in Social Science and minor in Nonprofit Administration. She is a certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor who creates inclusive fitness experiences where every body and mind can feel proud of their accomplishments! She is currently a full-time personal trainer and coach in Southern California! Sareena hopes to empower Her Campus readers with her voice and chronicle the realities that comprise post-grad life.  You can find her on instagram, @seedswithsareena. If you want to try one of her workouts, find Seeds with Sareena on Youtube!
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!