Kaylin Hernandez ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Name: Kaylin Hernandez

Year: Sophomore

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Los Angeles

Describe yourself in three words: 

Perfectionist, smart ass, and loud

What are some of your hobbies?

I love to binge watch TV shows, that’s my number one thing. Game of Thrones and Grey’s Anatomy are my two favorite shows.

What’s your favorite thing about San Francisco?

That’s a good question. Do you write that I said that’s a good question?

I could.

I’m just wondering how this process goes.

It depends on how I feel when I write.

Got it, got it. Well, I like that San Francisco is a major city, but it’s not like LA major. Like if you say “I did this in LA,” you’re like what part of LA? Here you could do everything! It’s a major city but it’s small. I love those late nights when you just go out and explore the city because there are no people out and you get to see a lot more. You just get a zip car, and like cross the bridge.

Celebrity crush(es)?

That’s a hard question. Kit Harrington, Kiki Hernandez, Chris Brown. For girls, Emilia Clark and JLo.

What are some of your pet peeves?

When people don’t believe in compromise. That’s annoying. OR when people throw their cards at me at the caf!!! Yes I’m that bitch that works at the caf that serves you during lunch! Also, when people don’t speak up when I’m asking them what they want!!!!

Guilty Pleasure?

One Direction.

Who’s your favorite One Direction member? Do you like One Direction pre or post Zayn leaving?

Pre-Zayn, but they’re still my boys without Zayn. My fave would have to be Niall. I mean, I love Harry, but I’m not like a “Harry girl”.

Tell me a funny story!

My love life? That’s a funny story.

Ok fair enough. What inspires you?

This isn’t really inspiring but when I’m feeling down I listen to sad music. For me, sad music is just for when you’re feeling down and you really have to think about what’s going on, instead of just avoiding what’s going on. You know how a lot of people are always like “don’t think about it” or “don’t cry about it” when you’re feeling down? No! I think about it, and I cry about it, so that it makes me stronger.

College sophomore that is obsessed with comedians and television. I live in San Francisco and I'm that annoying person at Disneyland that will give random park and movie facts no one really wants to know.
Is the best version of herself while sipping coffee in Alamo Square Park, rereading Mindy Kaling's books.