Ileri Tunrarebi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Ileri Tunrarebi (Toon-raw-ree-bee)
Age:
21
Major: Politics and Dance
Hometown: Born in Martinez, California but raised in Henderson, Nevada

From Gold Rush Girl for the 49ers to pageant queen to future lawyer, Ileri is a force not to be reckoned with. Her beauty and her brains over qualify her to be USFca’s first campus celebrity. 

How long have you been dancing?
I have been dancing for 16 years. I took it seriously at the age of 12. The first dance class I remember was a hip hop dance class. I took it when I was 12. I fell in love. I was lucky that my instructor was a dancer for Justin Timberlake.
How did you find out about the Gold Rush girl auditions?
Dancing for a NFL or NBA team was something on my bucket list of things to do before I am 25 years old. And gold rush is an organization that is held for the highest prestige the expectations for us are so high. I just kept up to date about auditions.
What does it feel like to be a Gold Rush girl?
I found out April 1st. Its been six months. It feels great. It’s something I will never forget. It’s something I will be able to tell my kids. It’s everything. It especially feels good since it’s on my bucket list of things to do before I am 25. It makes me realize that I can do anything I set my mind to.

What does dance at a NFL-professional level involve?
It involves a lot of accuracy, cleanliness, and most importantly a lot of performance. When you’re dancing for 60,000 you need to make sure that the people in the nosebleeds needs to see you. Everything is bigger in life. And everything needs to be SHARP!
How did you do last weekend at the 49ers game?
I did well. It was a fun game. Our calendar came out. We got our new uniforms. We won the game too! When we’re winning there’s something that happens to you. You could be exhausted but when the crowd gets pumped up, they’re also pumping you up, and I just don’t want it to stop. There have been a few games where I never wanted them to end.
What’s it like dancing in 3-inch heel boots?
Ha. There’s no way getting around it. You have to get used to it.
How did you become interested in dance?
When I was 12, Janet Jackson’s “It’s all for you” video just came out. I remember being at home and seeing the video. I remember telling my mom, “Mom! Mom! That’s what I want to do. I want to do that style of dancing and be that! “
What other activities are you involved in and were involved in?
On-Campus: Varsity SF (hip hop dance team.) Fromm front desk worker.
Off- Campus: Before Gold Rush I was part of a couple of companies based in San Francisco: the Invisible League and Groove Against the Machine. I’m also going to be in a Bollywood movie. I was also in a Cee Lo music video. He’s a NAACP winner and an afro-house artist. My dance group, Meccamee, was the opening act in America’s Best Dance Crew season 1. I have competed in many pageants. My most recent title is Miss Nevada Teen USA 2009.
What do you want to do with law? Any particular school?
I want to be a United States Supreme Court justice. I’m looking into Georgetown University.
Upcoming events?
Cheering at the next home game. October 30. It’s the Halloween game, we’re playing the Rams, and we get to dress up!
I’m doing an appearance for PlayStation. They have a new video game called Everybody Dance. I’m in the promo for it.
I’m in the promo for the NFL network’s Thanksgiving game. We’re calling it the “Harbaugh Bowl.” We’re playing the Ravens and their head coach is John Harbaugh, our head coach’s brother.
I might be the next rotation girl for 49ers Central on Comcast bay area.
I practice every Saturday in San Jose. Yea, my life is practice, the games, homework, and dancing. And Studying. Like everyone else.  Thankfully, we don’t go to away games. I would not be able to stay in school. 
 Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I will be then 26. I should have already danced behind Beyoncé. (bucket list) I should maybe be finished with my masters. And be working on my Doctorate and hopefully be practicing as a young district attorney.

Make sure to catch Ileri cheering at a 49ers game and look out for one of her many appearances!

Coming across Her Campus as a senior in high school and then leading her very own branch, Emily proudly calls herself the co-president and editor-in-chief of Her Campus University of San Francisco. While Emily has a guilty addiction to shopping, celebrities, and all things "girly" she hopes that she can integrate this into a relatable magazine to the women of her campus. Emily has a slight infatuation for John Krasinski and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. When she's not day dreaming about her future husbands, Emily is participating in many extra curricular activities such as her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. Emily enjoys good company, good FOOD, and a good ole' television. One of the most recent television series Emily has become a fan of is ABC's Pan Am. If only Pan Am continued to exist, Emily would have seriously considered becoming a stewardess. The success of the branch has yet to blossom. Emily hopes that she can bring Her Campus University of San Francisco to its full potential. In the future, Emily plans studying abroad all over the European continent and pursue her passion of social justice through fashion.