Horoscopes: Should You Read Them?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Scorpio (10/23-11/21)

This week focus on what you have, not what you feel you are missing. Good things will come from what is already close to your heart. Do not ask for too much or reach for things beyond your grasp. Put all of your love, time, and effort into what you can trust.

Sagittarius (11/22-12/21)

New and exciting things are in your future, however, you must remain rooted in the present. It will become easy to get overly excited and forget about the tasks you have this week. The weekend will be here faster than you think, don’t rush through anything.

Capricorn (12/22-1/19)

Stop worrying, have trust in the stars’ alignment. You may feel that this week will be too much to handle, but remember that it all will work out, maybe not in the way you expect, but for good reason. You are stronger than you think.

Aquarius (1/20-2/18)

Something big will happen on Tuesday. Don’t let it distract you from accomplishing what you set out to do at the beginning of this week. You will soon have the opportunity to deal with it later. Enjoy the moment that you are in now.

Pisces (2/19-3/20)

Relax. A lot is going on right now but you won’t be able to reach your goals if you don’t stop and breathe. You are a hard worker, but sometimes you forget to take a break. Reward yourself for all that you have done so far.

Aries (3/21-4/19)

New love is in your future. If you are in a relationship already get ready to see sparks fly and your love reignited. If you are single someone new is waiting just around the corner, it’s your turn to make the first move.

Taurus (4/20-5/20)

Your career is about to be defined in a new and unexpected way. Make sure that you are ready to take this next step. Prepare yourself in ways that you normally don’t think of. Most importantly, remain confident.

Gemini (5/21-6/20)

Don’t allow despair to over-run your life. Spend next week with your family and focus on what’s important to you. Move on from what may be holding you back, there is so much more waiting for you.

Cancer (6/21-7/22)

You have recently obtained a great deal of responsibility, in ways you were even unaware of. Take this chance to prove your potential and what you are capable of. It will be easy to become overwhelmed so stay organized and you will be able to handle this.

Leo (7/23-8/22)

Your past is getting in the way of your future too often. Stop allowing your past failures to define your future opportunities. What’s done is done, now you must move on.

Virgo (8/23-9/22)

Optimism fills your heart this week as you have high hopes for what is coming. Embrace this feeling and find the best in everything even if it may be in disguise. Try not to lose a feeling that is so rare.

Libra (9/23-10/22)

You have done so much for the ones you love but also for those who are strangers to you. Accept the gratitude that is soon coming your way. Know how loved you truly are.

Did you believe that? Well it’s all made up. Even if you didn’t buy a single word of your horoscope, I bet you couldn’t help but apply it to your own life. Whether you’re a believer or not, horoscopes can be of great use to all of us and are well worth the read.

Astrology is the study of the movement of planets, stars, moon, and sun in belief that these movements have an effect on people’s lives. One’s time of birth is said to correlate to the positions of these distant cosmic objects, shaping one’s personality and perhaps predicting one’s future. To clarify, I am by no means an expert on astrology, nor do I know much more than that. However, I do know that despite your predisposed opinions, horoscopes and astrology may bring clarity to your life.

Often times we are left over thinking, undecided, and just confused with different aspects of our lives. Astrology just might help overcome this. Now I am not suggesting that you should deal a Tarot card and let it define the rest of your life, but I do think that reflecting upon a horoscope may clear some things up. In those instances that we are a bit unsettled, we look for answers. Whether it may be “should I choose this?” or “when will this happen?” the easiest way for us to cope is through answers. Even if you don’t believe that astrology will have the “right” answer it’s worth giving it a shot.

Horoscopes may not be magical, but they do have the magical ability to prompt you to reflect on your life, take what you are presented with, and utilize it to your own benefit. What’s genius about horoscopes, whether intentional or not (most likely so), is their vagueness that makes it easy for them to ascribe to any personality and life situation. Huffington Post describes horoscopes as Mad Libs, you fill in the blanks with your own words. Spin it in your own way and you can essentially tell yourself just what you’ve been needing to hear the whole time.

Maybe astrology isn’t scientific, but it is certainly useful. So why not take a few seconds to peek at your weekly horoscopes, you just might discover the answer you’ve been searching for.

Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!