Getting Back on the Academic Grind After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

There’s nothing sadder than going back to school after a week of happiness on the beach or binge watching your favorite tv show. So what do you do when you’re back at school but your mind is on break mode? Here are 3 tips to help get you back on that school grind.

1. Get a decent amount of sleep the night before classes start

Look, we all messed up our sleep schedule during break. Some of us were out partying and others were catching up on all the tv shows they missed. Regardless, going back to class is a pain, but going back with no rest is worse.

2. Plan out your week

Let’s be real. Most of us didn’t do homework during spring break and now we have a giant pile of assignments quickly coming up and we’re feeling a bit overwhelmed. Plan out when you are going to do assignments to take a bit of the stress off.

3. Declutter

I don’t know about you guys but I kind of just left everything on my desk before saying goodbye to my school and hopping on my plane. When I came back all the papers and mess I left behind was waiting for me. If this wasn’t the case for you I still recommend that you throw away any papers you don’t need. It’ll give you the sense of a fresh start and you’ll go into your classes less stressed.

Hopefully these 3 tips will help you get back on that academic grind and pull you away from missing spring break.

Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!