Finding the Perfect Gear for the Not-So-Perfect Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Well ladies, it’s time to don your rain boots and have your own musical number during a thunderstorm again.  Okay, well not really.  But it IS that wet and refreshing yet sometimes miserable time of year again.  But don’t let it rain on YOUR parade.  Here are some tips to stay dry, happy, AND fashionable this rain season!

Rain boots are a must
Don’t be afraid of going for the bold colors or the cute prints!  It’s going to be overcast and dreary looking anyways so as might as well make a statement when you’re jumping in all those puddles!

Need we say it? Raincoats!  
Lucky for you, there are tons of options to choose from as you can go from a casual rain slicker complete with a hood, or be a little bit more dramatic with a rain trench coat!  Just like with the rain boots, remember that color is your best friend during this season.  Of course, you can never go wrong with black (which keeps the mysterious element in the equation) but there’s nothing wrong being your own little ray of sunshine!

Don’t let the weather get you down
Naturally there are going to be cold and wet mornings in which you just feel like dragging yourself to class in your PJ’s, but don’t let the bleak morning get the best of you!  Take a few minutes to put yourself together, and your day will brighten up so much more.

Pull out the fuzzies
Put on your long socks or legwarmers and kill two birds with one stone: look cute AND stay warm! Whether you’re wearing boots with socks that peek out over the top or you just feel like throwing on the legwarmers, there could not be a better time for it.

Be kind your legs
Ladies, we all know you look cute in a dress/shorts.  But if you’re gonna go for the tights-less look, we’d prefer that you saved it for spring or summer.  So do yourself a favor and invest in some tights/leggings.  I guarantee that those goose bumps will disappear.   (Again, remember that color can be your best friend.)

So let’s all just keep some of these tips in mind (or not) and have ourselves a wonderful time this upcoming rain season, shall we?  And if worse comes to worse and you can’t seem to agree with any of the tips mentioned above, one thing that will surely make more than one person’s day is your smile. Awww.

My name is pronounced like "Queen". I am a sophomore at the University of San Francisco with a double major in French and Advertising. Cats, Couture, Desserts, and France basically sum up my whole life. :)
Coming across Her Campus as a senior in high school and then leading her very own branch, Emily proudly calls herself the co-president and editor-in-chief of Her Campus University of San Francisco. While Emily has a guilty addiction to shopping, celebrities, and all things "girly" she hopes that she can integrate this into a relatable magazine to the women of her campus. Emily has a slight infatuation for John Krasinski and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. When she's not day dreaming about her future husbands, Emily is participating in many extra curricular activities such as her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. Emily enjoys good company, good FOOD, and a good ole' television. One of the most recent television series Emily has become a fan of is ABC's Pan Am. If only Pan Am continued to exist, Emily would have seriously considered becoming a stewardess. The success of the branch has yet to blossom. Emily hopes that she can bring Her Campus University of San Francisco to its full potential. In the future, Emily plans studying abroad all over the European continent and pursue her passion of social justice through fashion.